Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought the MK IV Target blued and really like it. It's accurate and super easy field strip. I see a few on RT have bought the new Ruger MK IV. While I do like the MK IV Hunter top of the line I opted for the Target model which is quite a bit less bucks to buy. I paid $360 plus tax for mine at my LGS.
Give us the pro and con review of your gun along with some pics. If you have target pics let us see them also and from what distance shot from.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I wish I had one to show

·
Registered
3,442 Posts

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sudsrat41 it is appreciated when new members go to introduction thread and introduce themselves. Like where are you from and about your guns.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
J48 did you shoot your IV before you got the red dot? I was wondering what the difference was for your shooting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello All,
I purchased this New MK IV Hunter with the Target Grips last weekend and went straight to the range. It is a great shooter and with nail driving accuracy. I shot 300 rounds of various ammo without any problems. I really love shooting and looking at this gun.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^Yep that does look awesome with the fluted barrel and grips.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Hello All,
I purchased this New MK IV Hunter with the Target Grips last weekend and went straight to the range. It is a great shooter and with nail driving accuracy. I shot 300 rounds of various ammo without any problems. I really love shooting and looking at this gun.

Thanks

Yep, sure is pretty!

BTW, welcome to RugerTalk!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just picked it up today!

Traded a Gen 2 Glock 23 for it at a local gun show!

Edit: Took it to the range today...not too bad!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How do you like your sight? I am guessing you can acquire target much quicker and with greater accuracy.

·
Registered
47 Posts
How do you like your sight? I am guessing you can acquire target much quicker and with greater accuracy.
That's the true advantage of the C-More. Plus you can change the dot size from 3 minute to 16 minute.

Costs the same as the Fast Fire III but the dot stays round no matter how bright I set it.

Field of view is fantastic.

·
Oohrahgunny
3 Posts
I just bought a MKIV Lite and have been very pleased with it. I have ran about 300 rounds through it now without any issues. My only concern with the bolt forward is magazine one is harder to load the magazine two. You have to really push hard on it to lock it in. But other than that I'm very pleased with it and I am looking at getting the MK IV Tactical. I also ordered the Volquartsen Accurizing kit. I can't wait for that to come in.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I just bought a MKIV Lite and have been very pleased with it. I have ran about 300 rounds through it now without any issues. My only concern with the bolt forward is magazine one is harder to load the magazine two. You have to really push hard on it to lock it in. But other than that I'm very pleased with it and I am looking at getting the MK IV Tactical. I also ordered the Volquartsen Accurizing kit. I can't wait for that to come in.

Sweet looking gun! Congratulations!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts