Let's see those SR556s

Discussion in 'Ruger Photos' started by ArizonaHeat, Mar 1, 2013.

1. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

Title says it all, let's see those Ruger black rifles.

I'll start with the current look of mine. Current furniture includes a Hogue grip (switched the stock black with an od green one), Magpul ACS stock, AFG II (angled fore grip), moe enhanced trigger guard, 30 round pmags all od green, Magpul xtm rail covers in each if their four colors, and an explore optics 4x32 cone (ACOG) sight. Internally it is stock with the exception of adding an accuwedge to reduce the slop between receivers.

Attached Files:

2. JBall

JBall New Member

Looks great bro. I'm not sure I'd have the patience. Just one suggestion though. I promise you will thank me. Buy the SGA Remington adaptor and a Remington Supercell butt pad. It is a difference of night and day. No one loves the recoil of high brass 12 gauge shells LoL.

3. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

The recoil isn't bad at all with it. It's an AR though not a shotgun, which beat the hell out of my bum shoulder.

Love this baby, and with ammo prices dropping and bulk quantities returning I can finally afford to shoot it more. The piston system is great, so nice not having to clean out all the crap that gets blown back on DI ARs. Think I'm around 1500 rounds since its last good cleaning, and still looks pristine inside.

Was at the LGS on the 4th and the had one of the E models in stock. Was shocked at how much lighter it is then mine. The Quadrail is on the heavy side. I'm going to have to get me one of those E models to use for 3gun next year.

4. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

Here she is before I started swapping out furniture.

Attached Files:

5. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

Ready for her close up

Attached Files:

6. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

This is the first evolution, found it to be a little to front heavy to use the vertical grip which why I swapped it out for the AFG

Attached Files:

7. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Wow...that's awesome.....love it....

8. Reagan

Reagan New Member

She feels a little neglected....I got my SR1911CMD last week!

Attached Files: