Let us never forget

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by phideaux, Sep 11, 2015.

1. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

2. 6-Oclock

6-Oclock New Member

Amen... NEVER AGAIN!

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

<=== These Colors Never Run !!

4. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I remember being at work when my night shift man called saying the towers had been hit. I don't know where the TV came from but we were all watching it right after his call.
    Yes it will be interesting what the history books will say about it years from now. What will they tell children about it in their history books?
    I need go put my flag out for sure.
    This is awesome tribute to those lost lives of 9-11.

http://girlsjustwanna.wpengine.netd...5/09/Screen-Shot-2015-09-11-at-8.31.45-AM.jpg

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  5. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Buster the link isn't coming up for me. Goes to the correct site but says the page is lost.

6. havasu

havasu In the army now..

It's working for me.

7. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Worked for me too..

Jim

8. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

11SEP2001 is not a date I need to be reminded of; I got it down. Same deal with Memorial Day, and several other 'days'. I do my best to remember who my friends are, who my heroes are, and who my enemies are - every day, all day. Not intending to knock you folks, just saying why I ain't jumping in.

9. buster40c

I hear ya VT and my thoughts about that day are not what I am supposed to think or remember.

10. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I was sitting at my desk and working on the computer and a lady friend of mine called me and she said to turn on the TV immediately. I saw the first of the towers on fire and then I saw the second tower get struck. I was totally dumbfounded and tears came to my eyes. I was glued to the TV and really not understanding what had and was happening. Then I saw people jumping from the building rather than burn. I didn't know what to do. All of my emotions built up inside of me and I started to cry. I mean really cry for all the people who had perished in the towers, jumping from the towers and the towers falling to the ground. My whole body shook and I wanted to know who had done this. I wanted and still want revenge! I want the people who conceived and pulled off this dastardly and heinous act. I remember seeing President Bush sitting in the school room talking to the children when one of the agents came in and whispered in his ear. He was dumbfounded as myself yet he held his cool. The pressure and the stress he felt must have been overwhelming. And then I also remembered, all the flags that were hanging all over our beautiful country and the patriotism we all felt. That is one day I will never forget. I wish with all of my heart we still had that sense of patriotism today. Instead of black vs. white and citizens against cops, why can't we coalece and come together as one country again? Where has our morality and justice gone? Why have we let one man (I am being polite) divide us, our morality, honor, duty, and courage dissipate in the last 7 years? A man who only thinks of himself and his ascendance to the most powerful position in the world and not honor those who passed on that day and the days and years afterwords. What is in our future? I can only pray for God and his guidance and pray that he shall smite those who would do us harm. I am not afraid to die as I know that Jesus Christ died for my sins and I shall be forgiven and taken to the greatest kingdom of all. But for now, all I can feel is sorrow and shame and hope, just hope that we may honor those who went before us by protecting the rights that we have left even though they are eroding. I am only one old man that hopes in his lifetime, whatever that may be, I shall be able and to assist if need be to bring our country back to where it was. The greatest country in the world. And if I have to give my life, I will do it willingly for I want those who follow me, my kids, grand kids, great grand kids and all others to know that what we left them is far better than what we had. May God bless us and help us along our journey.

Tommy

P.S. I apologize for not putting this in the right category as when I wrote this, my heart and emotions were overtaking my thinking.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  11. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

When I tuned on the TV and saw what was happening my first thought was why are they doing this stupid 'what if program', that could never happen.
    Then I figured it out!
    I was some kind of angry and horrified at the loss of my countryman's lives and the attack on my country.
    Slung my shotgun over my shoulder and went to work, knowing in my heart I would not need it but I felt a little better having it with me.

I remember not being able to concentrate on work in my small business that day or the next. We just could not leave the TV set.
    Not that we needed to be there. All business stopped for almost a month.
    Yeah, I'll never forget.

Recently a new shooter I was helping made the comment that it was OK if they banned AR's or any detachable box mag rifles.
    (His 17 shot pistol was OK) ???
    I tried to explain how on 9/10/2001 I would have said no way will a bunch of nuts fly our jets into our buildings.
    How could you know we will never need to have AR type rifles? Besides that they are fun, the most popular rifle and used in competition.
    Could not get thru to him. That was the end of my help for that guy.

Point is, we need to plan for what we know could never happen.
    I'll never forget and my shotgun is by my side every 9-11, every year! ........ Maybe I should upgrade to an AR15 or something.

I will never forget!

12. buster40c

I think it is funny how people want to ban AR and AK rifles and high capacity mags. I think I should be able to carry a bazooka or portable rocket launcher since that's what is being used by soldiers of war today. Whatever my enemy has I should be able to have and have even better than they have. There is only one reason for gun control. Maybe if flight attendants and pilots had been allowed to carry guns then we might not have had 9-11.