Ruger Talk Forums banner

Lehigh Defense bullets

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  VThillman 
#1 ·
#3 ·
The Lehigh extrenpme defender and Underwood XTreme defense rounds give dazzling performance as a SD. Many videos on YouTube comparing them in 380 and 9mm with the best HP rounds out there. They win ever time. I carry Underwood in my Lc9s. It is hotter than the Lehigh. It they cost more, but my life is worth a few extra bucks. I practice with 115 gr fmj, once a month shoot of a Mag of the Underwood to keep testing my accuracy with that round.

#7 ·
For self defense I carry the Hornady Self Defense round. 220 gr hollow point. They passed the gel tests very well although I don't have the money to practice with them. I have shot a couple of boxes to see where they hit (POI) and shoot 230 gr. Berry round nose plated every Sunday for practice. If some smart azz lawyer asks me what I am carrying I just say a self defense round just like it says on the box.

Tommy

#10 ·
Being a humanist wuss, I am concerned about collateral damage just about as much as stopping ability. Lehigh seems to ignore the collateral damage factor. Hornady's Critical Defense seems to be different from its Critical Duty because the company tries to account for that factor.

On another 'seems' front, any shot I fire that goes astray and kills a neighbor will have caused a greater tragedy than my own death would be. On my downstream side, the family includes two good kids, 15 and 10 y.o. Nuff said.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.