LE officers are people

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by phideaux, Oct 21, 2015.

1. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Can we please do our part to honor our Law enforcement officers.

Everytime you see one, on the street , in Walmart, while at a gas station, wherever you encounter one.. just walk over and say" Thanks for your service".

Another officer shot and killed last night.
    It shouldn't be this way...

police 2.png

police.png

Jim

2. havasu

havasu In the army now..

Amen brother. Thank you for this!

3. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

It is pitiful how stupid people can be. When we have a government selling hate what can we expect?
    The cities where the cops have backed down to crime because of threat of being brought up on, my poor innocent child, charges have seen their crime stats go way up. Wake up people.......without the cops you have no chance of controlling crime. If some people would look into a mirror they would find out why their kids are getting killed or going to jail before they are 22 years of age.
    How many average citizens would put their lives on the line and wear the blues for the small wages the cops get paid? It takes a lot of guts to become a cop, especially these days.
    I was at a Verizon store and noticed the cop was positioned in a corner where his back was towards the wall. I sure could understand his doing that.
    To all the Leos on this forum thanks for your service and stay safe when possible.
    I would bet the shooter of this LEO was nobody's innocent child.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  4. WizardMaster

WizardMaster SHARPSHOOTER

Praying for ALL Law Enforcement Officers! May they come home safe as they do their best to keep us and our families safe!

5. shadecorp

shadecorp Member

GOD Bless our Police Officers
    Keep the Safe.

6. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

I don't know about 'the Wide World', but in the US the reasons a young adult may have for wanting to be a LEO must be in some regards different than than when I was a young adult. I knew a few guys well enough to know that they wanted to be cops because they thought it would give them "authority" similar to being a corrections officer, only with more public respect.

Nowadays most of those guys would find something else to do. God -and public support - save our LEOs.

7. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I have 2 step sons in LE and one of them is head of the SWAT team. He currently has 27 or so years of service so he is getting ready to hang up his hat. He has taken to hot rods and always asks me about different cars. I hope he finishes out his tour and will be able to enjoy his retirement. For anyone who goes into LE they have to remember what their job is: to protect and serve. Areas like Boston have created their own monster by threatening LE and then wonder why the crime rate is so high. All over the country the "men in blue" face challenges and threats instead of a friendly handshake which they all deserve. It is up to US to ensure that these men and women are noted for their bravery and commitment and I can tell you from personal experience, their is nothing better than that handshake and a thank you.

Tommy

8. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

I heard a car door shut, went outside thinking it was my wife. No it was a policeman there to check on my detached garage.
    Seems a 911 hang up call had come from the garage.
    I told him the land line in the garage has been acting up lately when it rains and I'm sure no one called 911 from the garage.

I invited him in to check it out.
    As I unlocked the door he asked if I wanted him to go in first.
    I said no I have my pistol on me. (I know the layout, figured I should go first).
    He half laughed and said thanks for telling him. We went in, nothing was wrong. I let him hear the roar the phone makes.

He was a city cop. We are in the county so he explained there were no county units close by, that's why he answered the call.
    I thanked him very big for going out of his way for us. We exchanged names, shook hands and I thanked him again. :tiphat:
    As he was leaving I told him to be careful because I know the way things are going these days.
    He said oh I'm not going anywhere...... Let's hope that's true for all of them.

9. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Its really rough out there, especially as of late for LE.

Please, i cant not stress enough, how much a simple "thank you" goes.

If you see a LEO, reach out to them........it means alot

10. phideaux

Well, since I posted this thread, I have gone outta my way , just to thank a lot cop. I can tell they sincerely appreciate it.

I'm constanty getting thank you's as a Vet, and it does mean a lot.

Keep doing it guys.

Jim

11. LT2108

Thank you Jim !

12. phideaux

Hey G, "Thanks buddy for your service"

Be safe brother.

Jim

13. LT2108

Thank you for your service :)

14. Ernesto

Ernesto In the army now..

Oh he'll yeah, just pulling a vehicle over can be stressful. They never know what kook or drug dealer is in there. Tough job, they need better pay.

15. gunslinger669

gunslinger669 Active Member

More respect would be good, too.