LCRx3 holster

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by VThillman, May 22, 2017.

1. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

The Mitch Rosen belt-slide holster for my new LCRx3 came today near noontime. Figured I could stay home the rest of the day, so put the gun in it (empty gun per instructions) and belted it on to start the break-in period. A couple hours later I got an email about an item waiting for me downtown. Didn't want to head out with an empty gun - rather go gunless. So I attempted to draw the LCR from the holster; expected a minor struggle. It drew like the holster was a year in use. If the holster needed breaking in, it has already happened. So I loaded the gun and carried it on the trip. Supposed to be good weather tomorrow, so I can head to the range and actually shoot the gun. Have loaded up some 130gr Meister hardcast RFN in front of 6gr of True Blue to try.

I'll send a pic of the holster with gun tomorrow, maybe.

:p

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  2. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Good weather! the gun shoots good; after a sight adjustment I can even hold on the bullseye and that's where the group is centered. Shot 20 of my Meister rounds and 10 of the Estate FMJs at 10 yards.

The holster functions well too; holds the gun high and tight to my side. I can get away with using the stock grip without printing - under reasonable conditions. Here's a pic. Please note Tommy & Buster, there's a pic.

Attached Files:

3. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Sounds like you got a winner with both. I like a holster that rides high as it is easier to conceal for me.
    Looks like the hammer is small enough that it shouldn't catch much on anything.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  4. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Yeah, that's a pretty short spur; I was kinda leery of it to start with. But it turns out to be no problem getting to for single action work.

My schedule and the weather don't match up this week - rain at the wrong times is the prediction. So maybe next week before I can get out there with the Charter arms snubby and see what's what. At least I have the ammo ready.

5. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Good looking set there.

Jim

6. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Looks good VT! Which do you like better, your old LCR or your new one?

7. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Just about what you'd guess. I find the x3 the better shooter, and enjoy the SA option. The stubby gives more clothing options for concealment, and so makes more sense as a BUG.

Whether any CCW with 5 rounds makes sense when a 9-rounder (the SR40c) is available, depends to some extent on the environment. I don't live in a 'ganged-up' area for one thing, and have a longstanding relationship with wheelguns for another. But the SR has been 100% reliable for me, and I shoot it well enough, and it is concealable enough.

If I get to choose my quandaries, this is a good one to have, eh?

Actually, the 'odd gun out' is the Grand Power P1. It isn't nearly as easily concealed during warm weather. I think it needs to go, so as not to be a safe queen.