LCRx 3-inch

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by EasyCZ, Dec 12, 2014.

1. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

Just put one of these bad boys in layaway today. Can't wait to pick her up and get her in the CC rotation.

ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1418401863.923494.jpg
    ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1418401891.918610.jpg
    ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1418401879.272353.jpg

2. Blaze

Blaze New Member Lifetime Supporter

Very good. Looking forward to hearing about how well it does

3. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I am surprised they didn't come out with it in 9mm first. For as much 38 special ammo sold you would think the price would come down closer to 9mm pricing. Same thing for 380.

4. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Very nice! Congrats!

5. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

Revolvers chambered in 9mm hold a much smaller share of the market compared to .38 Spl. The .38 Spl is THE classic wheelgun caliber, not to mention a much more versatile round for reloaders, compared to 9. And the 38 doesn't require moon clips.

I'm not knocking 9mm revolvers. I love them! I've seen and dry-fired the new snubbie LCR9 at my LGS. Sweet! (It's on my revolver short list)

But, as an initial offering, the .38 is the way to go.

As far as the price of ammo, it's a supply/demand thing. Nine is bought and shot up much more than .38 or .380. Sure, 380 handguns have been extremely popular with civilians for sometime now.

But, the military and the majority of local, state and federal LEO agencies are equipped with 9mm pistols. Very few revolvers or .380s are in their arsenals. The higher cost for the production of ammo that sells less (.38, .357, .380, .45, etc) will always be passed along to the consumer. Just the way it is.

JMHO. YMMV.

6. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Congrats.....good looking wheel gun....

7. ifithitu

ifithitu Well-Known Member

Wow i like it,i'm going to add some revolvers to my collection. This looks like one I may add.:cool:

8. JimA

JimA Member

I'm waiting for a call from a local gun shop that mine is in. Maybe today. The light weight and 3" barrel might make this one a great kit gun. It weighs about half what my SP 101 4.2" does.

9. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Congrats on the LCR.

My wife carries the original(hammerless) LCR , since they came out with it.
    I really enjoy shooting it also, great trigger and is VERY accurate at 10-15 yrds.

Only question I have, just curiosity, why would I not buy the LCR 357, and shoot .38s, but have the capacity to shoot 357 ?
    It on weighs 3-4 oz more.

Jim

10. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

That was my reasoning too, when I bought the LCR 357 a few years back. I gave it to my bride so she'd have a good revolver to go along with her Shield. ;)

11. Chup

Chup New Member

I have the 2" LCR357. When it comes out in 3", I want it.

12. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Chup,
    Welcome to RugerTalk

The LCR is a great revolver, my wife carries one.

I invite you to go to Introductions, and introduce yourself, tell us a lttle about you.

Thanks.

Jim

13. JimA

JimA Member

Well I want to like this little revolver. I really do. It's very light and easy to pack around, pretty much rustproof and disappears in the Simply Rugged holster I got for it. (as in you can forget it's there) The problem is with me, I guess. I simply can't shoot very well with it. I don't know if it's the weight or the grip or what but the accuracy I expect isn't there for me. I can shoot about the same in double action fast as I can slowly in single action and that's never happened with any gun I've ever owned. I've tried several different loads without much difference. It would be fine for a close range defensive encounter but not for a woods gun, which is what I got it for.. I'm not going to give up on it until I'm sure I can't make it shoot better.
    The other thing I'm not crazy about is the "no disassembly required or advised" aspect. This should be a major selling point to many but I'm one of those people who love to see the insides of things. Most of my new handguns are stripped down and cleaned and relubed before they leave the house. Boys gotta play:)

14. Chup

Chup New Member

Have you shot Snubs before? It takes a while with a lot of practice. I did a lot of dry fire practice just to keep the front sight steady when pulling the trigger. I do not claim to be a expert. I feel I am a fare shot. I could hit a paper plate with a ok group at 50'. Maybe not that great but, I'm not hunting with a 2".

15. JimA

JimA Member

Yes, I have shot many small guns before. Not LCR's, but j frames, LCPs and other tiny 380 semis. I have a P380 in my front right pocket almost always. I can get them all to group nicely at 7 to 15 yards. That's what is so disappointing. This is a bigger gun, with a hand filling grip and a longer 3" barrel with good sights. In single action mode, standing, I expect to hit an apple every shot at 10 yards. Not a soccer ball. Like I said I'm not going to give up on it until I'm sure its just me. Possibly I will have to change the grip. I will try it off a rest when the weather gets better.

16. Chup

Chup New Member

I hope it works out for you, good luck.

17. marcinstl

marcinstl New Member