LCR9 not ejecting spent shells

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by scott87, Jan 30, 2016.

1. scott87

scott87 New Member

After i lim done shooting, I have to pry the casings out of the cylinder, I have only put 25 rounds through it if I push the extractor sometimes it will push them out.
    Thanks

2. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

[I think you are supposed to do the introduction thing first, but anyway...]

Lets assume that you are using standard factory ammo.

Have you cleaned and dried the chambers? If so, and the cases are sticking, I am out of suggestions. (Hah, that didn't take long, eh?) I am sure that useful suggestions are on the way. Welcome to RT.

3. gunslinger669

gunslinger669 Active Member

4. R2D2

R2D2 Member

If you have an LC9 you don't have a cylinder, do you mean you have to pry it from the chamber?

Have you properly completed a detail cleaning of the slide and components?

Check the chamber of the barrel for any debris, burrs, etc.

Try a different brand of ammo and stay away from steel shells (leaves a lacquer film behind sometimes)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  5. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

In his Thread Title its LCR9.

Jim

6. R2D2

R2D2 Member

My bad..... not lc9.... sorry for the confusion

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  7. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

I'm not real familiar with shooting 9mm out of a revolver, but maybe the ejector is not contacting the moon clip correctly? Or the clip is bent somehow? I'd inspect it closely next time you snap the cartridges into it. Other than that I can't be much help, sorry.

8. 00b5

00b5 Member

Clean the cylinder really good. Use a bore brush to get any residue out especially at the shell casing stop. If the shells go in easy, they should come out easy. If that doesn't help call Ruger Customer Service.
    I meant a chamber brush so you have the larger diameter to clean the forward lip of the cartridge stop.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  9. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I agree with cleaning the gun real good including the cylinder chambers. Have you done this yet?

10. 00b5

00b5 Member

Love it when people never get back if a problem has been fixed or not.

11. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

That's sort of why a lot of us are here ......to collect info , especially solving problem info.

Besides all the leg pulling,:fight: and flow of love amongst everybody.:quickkiss:

Jim

12. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

If you're using handloads, sticky or difficult extraction is a sign of excessive pressure. If it's factory anmo, I'd scrub the Chambers of the cylinder with a slight oversized bore brush, I like the one for .40 or sometimes .45.
    The one for .45 does bend the bristles a little bit but not to badly. Also, check and see if the cases are clean.....

13. 00b5

00b5 Member

When all else fails, read the manual. Download from Storm Ruger site...moon clip must be used to load the LCR9, if you do not use the moon clip, you might have to pry or manually pull the shell casings from the cylinder. The ejector will not eject without the moon clip.

Any bets?

14. gunslinger669

gunslinger669 Active Member

Nope- post #7 addressed the moon clip issue already......

15. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Looks like one of those 1 post memberships. Probably cleaned the gun - better late than never - and the problem went away. Embarrassed maybe.