LCR Speed Loader

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by tybomber7, Dec 7, 2013.

1. tybomber7

tybomber7 New Member

Hi guys,

Just wanted your suggestions on which speed loaders work the best for a .38 special standard LCR with the Hogue Tamer grips? Ruger has one on their website and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with it. Thanks !

2. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

The one for my J frame S&W .38 spl. work in my .357 LCR. I asume it will also work in the .38 spl. LCR. They are HKS brand IIRC.

3. Glockenspiel

Glockenspiel New Member

I haven't tried the HKS, but the J2 line from 5 Star Firearms work great. They even have 'LCR' etched on them. The cost is about twice that of the HKS. You can get them in different colors or a zombie design.

ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1386497296.627938.jpg

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  4. cobblepot

cobblepot New Member

Another vote for the 5 star firearms speed loaders. I have them for my 357 LCR and my 22 LCR. I also have the HKS 36A's. They are OK but, the other ones are better.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

5. tybomber7

tybomber7 New Member

Thanks guys for all the suggestions. If anyone else has any experience with LCR speed leaders please feel free to share! Thanks !

6. DrFootball

DrFootball Patriot

Hks

Wife loves hers so much the same 10 130Gr. RN's are in them(she has 2) for close to 6 months. "Honey, why don't you practice with your speed loaders?" " Because I'm saving them for an emergency" was her answer. So today when "Rotating Ammo" in our carry guns I took the RN's out and replaced them with some of the Hornady Critical Defense Lite's.....:cool:

7. cjs1945

cjs1945 Member

I favor the 5 Star for my LCR357, but prefer the Safariland for my SP101 and S&W model 36.

8. Butch

Butch New Member

I use the speedloaders from HKS made for the S&W J frames. They seem to work fine in all of the LCR's that I have had.

9. tybomber7

tybomber7 New Member

Ended up getting a HKS-36A for Christmas and it works pretty well. May not go all the way down in the cylinder, but it gets the job done.

10. NoWin

NoWin New Member

5 Star recommended here too.....I have one for my .38 LCR and Mrs has one for her .22 LCR

/eddie

11. DocGlock

DocGlock New Member

Just get the 5-Star. I'm always surprised that people will say they use the HKS-36A and it works pretty well or it's close enough. "Pretty well" or "close enough" is saying it doesn't fit, the 5-Star does fit.

12. Butch

Butch New Member

Like I said, The HKS speed loaders have always worked just fine for all 3 of my LCR's.

13. toma

toma New Member

I use the HKS-36A, it fits my LCR .357 and loads without any type of hangups or problems. I when I carry the LCR I have 2 HKS-36A Speed loaders with me.

14. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

Five Star. Everything else is second best.

15. Whaler

Whaler New Member

I got an HKS from the Ruger store and it works but I wasn't happy so I ordered a couple 5 Star and they work fantastic on my LCRx. The 5 Star are well worth the price.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Snubshooter

Snubshooter New Member

Because of the diameter of the 5 Star speedloaders they work best, the rounds go straight into the charge holes.

17. Oldschool

Oldschool New Member

5 Star. No question about it.

18. Nogoat

Nogoat New Member

Thanks for the never seen 5 star. Looks good.