Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Just wanted your suggestions on which speed loaders work the best for a .38 special standard LCR with the Hogue Tamer grips? Ruger has one on their website and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with it. Thanks !

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Hi guys,

Just wanted your suggestions on which speed loaders work the best for a .38 special standard LCR with the Hogue Tamer grips? Ruger has one on their website and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with it. Thanks !
The one for my J frame S&W .38 spl. work in my .357 LCR. I asume it will also work in the .38 spl. LCR. They are HKS brand IIRC.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Another vote for the 5 star firearms speed loaders. I have them for my 357 LCR and my 22 LCR. I also have the HKS 36A's. They are OK but, the other ones are better.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys for all the suggestions. If anyone else has any experience with LCR speed leaders please feel free to share! Thanks !

·
Patriot
16 Posts
Hks

Wife loves hers so much the same 10 130Gr. RN's are in them(she has 2) for close to 6 months. "Honey, why don't you practice with your speed loaders?" " Because I'm saving them for an emergency" was her answer. So today when "Rotating Ammo" in our carry guns I took the RN's out and replaced them with some of the Hornady Critical Defense Lite's.....:cool:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I use the speedloaders from HKS made for the S&W J frames. They seem to work fine in all of the LCR's that I have had.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ended up getting a HKS-36A for Christmas and it works pretty well. May not go all the way down in the cylinder, but it gets the job done.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
5 Star recommended here too.....I have one for my .38 LCR and Mrs has one for her .22 LCR

/eddie

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just get the 5-Star. I'm always surprised that people will say they use the HKS-36A and it works pretty well or it's close enough. "Pretty well" or "close enough" is saying it doesn't fit, the 5-Star does fit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just get the 5-Star. I'm always surprised that people will say they use the HKS-36A and it works pretty well or it's close enough. "Pretty well" or "close enough" is saying it doesn't fit, the 5-Star does fit.
Like I said, The HKS speed loaders have always worked just fine for all 3 of my LCR's.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I use the HKS-36A, it fits my LCR .357 and loads without any type of hangups or problems. I when I carry the LCR I have 2 HKS-36A Speed loaders with me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got an HKS from the Ruger store and it works but I wasn't happy so I ordered a couple 5 Star and they work fantastic on my LCRx. The 5 Star are well worth the price.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts