LCR Night Sight

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by EasyCZ, Dec 20, 2013.

1. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

I want to install a night sight on my 357 LCR. Looking at Mepro, XS, Novak Ruger, etc. I'm not interested in Hi-viz fiber optic sights, just tritium night sights.

Which night sight do you sport on your LCR? How is the sight holding up? Did it adversely affect how the gun fit in your holster?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  2. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

Wow. Thanks for all the responses, guys. ;)

3. Gwgw60

Gwgw60 New Member

Sorry that I can't help you but my LCR sights are stock.

4. toma

toma New Member

Put these on mind and love them

LCR Sight

5. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

Thanks, Toma.

6. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Toma How did the sight alignment work out? Where on target are you holding sight and where is sight aligning on rear grove? I noticed with stock front sight I had to hold front sight where half front sight was above rear channel grove. Otherwise I shot way low with top front sight level with top of rear groove.
    I am looking at buying these sights and wondered what sight picture you found to be most accurate.
    Appreciate knowing your experience with these.
    Ez did you buy these and if so what was your rating and experience with them?

7. Water-Man

Water-Man New Member

I have XS sights on my LCR. No effect on the holster it rides in.

8. Whaler

Whaler New Member

I put a Hi-Viz on my LCRX.
    [​IMG]

9. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I applied Glow-ON paint to my LCR 357 and the glow-on definitely makes a difference. In the daytime the sights appear white and are much more visible than the stock sights. In the dark mine appear similar to a bright lime green and definitely can see the sights where normally at night could not see the sights at all.

After applying light on the sights the glowing only stays bright for a couple hours then it does dim way down. During the daylight hours walk outside into sunlight and then back inside the house and the sights will be illuminated green instead of just the white appearance when outside.
    I did an experiment to see the effects of the glowing sights in a dark room. In a dark room you can see the illuminated sights very plainly but you can not make out any object to sight in on. Looking into a dark kitchen I could make out nothing but the green illuminated sights.

So I used an LED 150lm hand held flashlight to target an object.
    If I sighted the gun and flashlight beam directly on the target then the sights had no illumination. You can't sight on a bright lighted object and have the illumination effect visible on the sights.
    Move the main flashlight beam off target using only the peripheral light from beam and then the sights appear visible greenish white illumination on the also visible target.

The small 2.3ml bottle is very inexpensive considering it has enough product to apply on many gun sights.

I was considering ordering some XS dot sights for my LCR but I think this glow-on makes that un-necessary now. I have not used XS dot sights so I really can't give a comparison but for the little upfront money the glow-on is worth a try IMO. I am satisfied with it.

The first pic is taken in a lighted room. The flash did make the sights appear brighter than the normal daylight white appearance. Walk outside into bright sunlight and back inside that same room and the sights will be illuminated green then.

The second pic was taken in a totally dark room.

I have since removed the rear sight groove paint and reapplied for cleaner appearance.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014