Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a hip holster size for my new LCR? I tried a couple "typical" small-frame sizes during the purchase but they all seemed to be too small, almost as if the trigger guard was too big for rest of frame.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I bought a Talon canted holster made for the LCR and I like it. You can get other brand holsters for probably half as much but I can't speak how well they fit the LCR. I used to wear the holster OWB but now I mostly just shove the gun and holster into my front pants pocket.

Attachments

·
Registered
436 Posts
Why not buy one specifically made for the gun? :confused: I gotta side with the above in that Mitch Rosen makes fantastic stuff. Never seen a reason to cheap out on a holster if you didn't do so for the gun. Like parking a Ferrari in a leaky tar paper shack.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
I am puzzled by the concept of the LCR in an OWB holster.

But I am easily puzzled anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I tried a WhiteHat IWB single clip for my LCR. Great holster, but I did not like it and sent it back.

Got an Ace Case IWB thin single clip holster size 2. Not sure how well it will work yet. Have one for my J-frame that works great though.

Ordered a Tommy Theis double clip IWB for revolvers, has not arrived yet. I will give a review on it after it arrives.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
I use a Sticky MD-5 pocket holster. Makes the gun concealable in most clothing (won't work with a thong, even if it has a pocket).

·
Registered
3 Posts
I tried a WhiteHat IWB single clip for my LCR. Great holster, but I did not like it and sent it back.

Got an Ace Case IWB thin single clip holster size 2. Not sure how well it will work yet. Have one for my J-frame that works great though.

Ordered a Tommy Theis double clip IWB for revolvers, has not arrived yet. I will give a review on it after it arrives.
The Tommy Theis is very well made, much better retention of the firearm and better leather size for the firearm than some others. Other holsters seem to be mass produced? Tommy's quality control is the very best! Highly recommended!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts