LCR Holster Opinions

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by tybomber7, Aug 13, 2013.

1. tybomber7

tybomber7 New Member

Hey guys. Looking for some recommendations for a nicely fitting holster for the LCR .38 special model. Pocket or IWB (clip on preferred). Thank you very much.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ruger Forum mobile app

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2013
  2. Butters

Butters New Member

Duct tape it to your inner thigh :D

3. Blaze

Blaze New Member Lifetime Supporter

I run a don Hume holster and a soft Blackhawk pocket holster.

Don Hume for jeans day are belt days cause it's a IWB..

Blackhawk soft pocket I use it for shorts day it's just easy to stick in my pocket

4. tybomber7

tybomber7 New Member

Thanks guys for all the recommendations.

5. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

I don't use the LCR but I second the Blackhawk Pocket holster. Not expensive and works very well for my LC9. If you pocket carry you will probably like it. (Remember to wear a good belt or your pants will fall down, even a light gun is heavier than you think!)

6. gatekeeper

gatekeeper New Member

Old Faithful

Old Faithful Holsters, IWB's are my choice. The
    "Quick-Assemble-Kit"
    IWB or OWB starting at 39.97. For $75.00 your holster will arrive assembled. Options are extra. Veteran 10% and /Military 20% discounts.

http://oldfaithfulholsters.com/

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  7. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I had bought and used the Talon holster owb and I do like it a lot but now I pretty much just shove the LCR 357 in my front jeans pocket. It is fairly easy to retrieve and nobody has even given me a double take look because of it.
    The Talon holster has a cant to it which causes the butt to be more vertical causing less print by the butt. I usually just had a loose fitting shirt covering it and again nobody has noticed it so far.

8. tybomber7

tybomber7 New Member

Thanks for all the responses guys.

9. Butch

Butch New Member

I had a Tommy Theis IWB made for my LCR and it works great. I have a Galco OWB holster that I use quite a bit.For the pocket I use a leather DM Bullard

10. tybomber7

tybomber7 New Member

Ok thank u for responses guys. I was looking at the Talon IWB holsters and also at the recommendations that you all gave!

11. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

my Talon worn owb.

Attached Files:

12. Marine2541

Marine2541 Marine2541

White Hat IWB!!! Horsehide, natural, with laser option if you change your mind in the future. Also, White Hat holsters use screws so the kydex can be changed if you want to carry another gun for awhile. Crossbreed doesn't offer that option. Another Kydex costs $20.00 from WH.