LCR holster give-away

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by VThillman, Apr 26, 2017.

1. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

I didn't have the LCR all that long, but long enough to accumulate 5 holsters for it. None of them are suitable for another gun in my possession, so I will give then away in the format Buster devised.

First up, here are two pocket holsters:

Attached Files:

2. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

The Sticky is the holster the LCR fell out of - because I had it in the holster backwards. It won't fall out if you do it right. The other holster I bought before I read Jim's recommend of the Sticky brand; it works.

They go as a mated pair (though offspring are unlikely). As per Buster's format, post numbers go in a hat, a neutral party will draw one. The winner should feel free to post for later drawings - because the other holsters are quite different. I'll keep this offer open through the weekend ending at the stroke of midnight Sunday.

There are two belt-slide OWB and one IWB holster to go after these pocket versions, by Bianchi, De Santis and Falco.

3. gumpy

gumpy New Member

Will a lc9s fit in any of them?

4. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Darned if I know; probably in the pocket holsters, maybe in the IWB, not in the belt slides.

5. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Well I'm in, thanks Bob!

6. Uncle_Louie

Uncle_Louie 1968 Ford Galaxie 500 XL

7. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Wow, only a few hours left; the tension must be building, eh? ;)

Seriously,unless there is a mad rush to get in this, I'm just going to flip a coin.

8. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Looks like you are at the huge count of two like I had. Flip a coin type decision for the winner.

9. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

My wife wants in....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

She thinks they may work better in her purse ...

What ever,:rolleyes:

She always waits till last minute..:dunno:

Jim

10. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

The Winner is

The post number drawn from the box was #5, which was authored by SavageGuy.

PM me a mailing address SG, and I will mail the holsters.

11. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Jim, the Missus's notion has some merit. Allow me to expound:

A significant advantage to using a pocket holster in a purse is Location&Position Control. A properly deployed pocket holster can provide L&PC.

Get some Velcro sticky-tape. Place a 'hook' strip on the holster, oriented top-to-bottom. The Missus will show you where to orient the holster in her purse so that the gun will be 'handy-to-hand' when she opens the purse. Place the matching 'loop' in position in the purse. [It may be better to put the loop strip mated with the hook strip, and then press the holster in place.]

The adhesive on the Velcro strips is pretty sticky and strong, but it may need help with gripping the purse; I'm sure you folks will find a way.

I specify having the loop strip on the purse because the hooks have a slight tendency for unwanted hooking.

There is a low quality and unfortunate pseudo-pun lurking here; its presence is unavoidable, but its expression should be avoided as being declasse.

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  12. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Thanks VT!

PM sent......

13. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

I like your sig, SG. John Marshall was in large part responsible for elevating the SCOTUS to its proper position as the 3rd pillar in the national government's arrangement of Checks & Balances. Political parties and Presidents have been trying (and often succeeding) to unbalance the arrangement ever since.

14. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

Congrats Savage Guy!

15. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Next up:

Front and back views of the De Santis 116 N3. (That 6 could be a 5.) The magazine that is tipping it (to get the glare off it) is not included.
    I didn't get to play with this holster much, but I think it is broken in. It is open-bottomed, so the 3" barrel will fit. You can see the flares at the top, which help make reholstering easy. I bought it from Amazon, who still list it.

Post if you are interested. I'll close the offer Thursday midnight.

[Offer cancelled. See explanation below.]

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  16. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Thanks. I was reading through a history book the other day and that quote stood out to me. Makes a lot of sense.

:GadsdenFlag:

17. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Um, don't jump on this holster all at once, people! A little decorum, please.

Note that this holster has approximately zero degrees of cant. Whatever else that means in desirability, the holster is usable on the crossdraw side.

18. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

I don't have a gun that will work with that holster, looks like it's pretty specific to the LCR.

It's very generous of you to offer it!

19. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

There's a pretty good chance that a Charter Arms Undercover - not the Police Undercover or Bulldog, they have a larger cylinder - will fit. There's even a middling chance that an S&W J-frame 5-hole snubby will fit; I don't have one to check with.

20. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Change of mission!

Well, shucks. I went to the dentist this morning, To get the prep done for a crown to fix a broken tooth. Had the checkbook ready, and the money moved from my IRA to pay for the job. Turned out the dentist's plans for the crown were thwarted by leaning neighbor molars - but, the broken tooth was repairable, though now it is 95% filling. Net result, I saved about $1000.

So, I spotted a good price on an LCRx 3" 38 Special at Grab A Gun {$389) and went for it. I can probably use the holster that I have listed - so It is now de-listed.

Hah!

:D

The other belt slide holster is probably also usable. The IWB holster is not, so I'll list that in the morning. That holster may also fit an LC9s.

Last edited: May 2, 2017