LCR Fiber Optic Sight

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by accutron, Aug 17, 2016.

1. accutron

accutron New Member

<P>I picked up a lightly used LCR.&nbsp; It has a fiber optic front sight.&nbsp; Seller says that is the way it came from Cabela's. I looked at the Ruger site and see no reference to that type of sight on the LCR.&nbsp; Was it special order?</P>
    <P>&nbsp;</P>
    <P>Thanks!</P>

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Ruger shop sells the fiber optic sights but they don't come with them as far as I know. Someone changed out the sight.
    I just ordered an Xs Standard Dot Tritium sight for my LCR.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016

3. gwpercle

gwpercle Member

I'm an old dog , grew up BC ( Before Computers) and WBIP ( Way Before I Phones) just what exactly does the following mean :
    <P>
    </P>
    &nbsp
    Evidently I don't speak English any more and this new language doesn't have a book (a thing with printed pages) to explain it !

4. trainman

trainman Member

I put a fiber optic sight on my LCR .38, and just purchased a used .22 wmr. Hi Vis does not make a replacment fiber optic sight for the mag. Does anyone know of someone who does.

5. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Those things are the result of a post using a partially incompatible format. The poster doesn't see the naked code until the message comes up at RT.

6. buster40c

Geeze now I find out I use a partially incompatible format? Be in this world but not of it. Figures!

7. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Yeah, I am at least partially incompatible with the modern world. Comes from living too long and learning too slow. The world keeps moving along, and I'm losing my grip on the tailgate.

8. gwpercle

gwpercle Member

Thanks .... a partially incompatible format and a naked code , I should have known .

Now....Who's on first....

9. accutron

accutron New Member

I have yet to fire mine to test out the fiber optic sight. Hope to this week. Here are a couple of pictures of the LCR.

Attached Files:

10. trainman

trainman Member

I am still curious why they don't make this sight for the .22 wmr. Any one know.

11. accutron

accutron New Member

Have you asked Ruger? Their CS I hear is very good.

12. quahog22mag

quahog22mag New Member

Gallery of guns lists a new LCR 38sp with a fiber optic front site. Out of stock now, but also saw same gun at GM earlier this year.

13. R2D2

R2D2 Member

They did manufacture them with a fiber optic sight at one time.... other colors too...

mine is a model 5419 purchase new about 3 yrs ago
    Red FO sight
    38 Sp+P

14. trainman

trainman Member

Yes the new ones, but I have a .22 wmr without one. My .38 did not have one but I replaced it. However when you look at the Hi Viz web site, they do not list a replacement for the WMR.

15. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

I have nothing of much use to you... are there other options besides HiViz? The lithium sight that Buster went for doesn't work for you? Or is it also missing the WRM version?

BTW the initials are WRM, for Winchester Rimfire Magnum. Seems like they all want the 'Magnum' on the end.

16. 00b5

00b5 Member

CCI has it as WMR. Looking at a box right now.

17. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

I am shocked and dismayed!

18. buster40c

I have to say I am not real impressed with the XS Dot Tritium sight. In bright light it really isn't any better than the stock sight. In darker conditions the green dot does show up so in that case it is better than the stock sight. Would I suggest buying one? No because I think your money could be better spent on perhaps a better sight. I like it better than the stock sight but not by much.

19. trainman

trainman Member

So Buster, help me out a little bit more. Who makes this Xs standard dot tritium sight for the LCR. Is yours on a .22 WMR or another caliber. I just want the source so I can check it out further. Thanks.

20. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

After brushing aside cobwebs and shriveled rodent remains, I found some shreds of memory that hint of a long-gone .22 rimfire cartridge that may have been labeled 22 Winchester Rimfire Magnum (.22 WRM).

Leaving that dusty attic I did a Web search. Aha! I was pseudo-thinking of the .22 WRF cartridge. Interesting, and even enjoyed some popularity, but never got to my hill. WRF, not WRM or even WRFM.

Here's a link (to the Web article, not my mind).

http://www.chuckhawks.com/22WRF.htm