Ruger Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<P>I picked up a lightly used LCR.&nbsp; It has a fiber optic front sight.&nbsp; Seller says that is the way it came from Cabela's. I looked at the Ruger site and see no reference to that type of sight on the LCR.&nbsp; Was it special order?</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>Thanks!</P>

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Ruger shop sells the fiber optic sights but they don't come with them as far as I know. Someone changed out the sight.
I just ordered an Xs Standard Dot Tritium sight for my LCR.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm an old dog , grew up BC ( Before Computers) and WBIP ( Way Before I Phones) just what exactly does the following mean :
<P>
</P>
&nbsp
Evidently I don't speak English any more and this new language doesn't have a book (a thing with printed pages) to explain it !

·
Registered
65 Posts
I put a fiber optic sight on my LCR .38, and just purchased a used .22 wmr. Hi Vis does not make a replacment fiber optic sight for the mag. Does anyone know of someone who does.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
I'm an old dog , grew up BC ( Before Computers) and WBIP ( Way Before I Phones) just what exactly does the following mean :
<P>
</P>
&nbsp
Evidently I don't speak English any more and this new language doesn't have a book (a thing with printed pages) to explain it !
Those things are the result of a post using a partially incompatible format. The poster doesn't see the naked code until the message comes up at RT.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Geeze now I find out I use a partially incompatible format? Be in this world but not of it. Figures!

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Geeze now I find out I use a partially incompatible format? Be in this world but not of it. Figures!
Yeah, I am at least partially incompatible with the modern world. Comes from living too long and learning too slow. The world keeps moving along, and I'm losing my grip on the tailgate.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Those things are the result of a post using a partially incompatible format. The poster doesn't see the naked code until the message comes up at RT.
Thanks .... a partially incompatible format and a naked code , I should have known .

Now....Who's on first....

·
Registered
40 Posts
They did manufacture them with a fiber optic sight at one time.... other colors too...

mine is a model 5419 purchase new about 3 yrs ago
Red FO sight
38 Sp+P

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yes the new ones, but I have a .22 wmr without one. My .38 did not have one but I replaced it. However when you look at the Hi Viz web site, they do not list a replacement for the WMR.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Yes the new ones, but I have a .22 wmr without one. My .38 did not have one but I replaced it. However when you look at the Hi Viz web site, they do not list a replacement for the WMR.
I have nothing of much use to you... are there other options besides HiViz? The lithium sight that Buster went for doesn't work for you? Or is it also missing the WRM version?

BTW the initials are WRM, for Winchester Rimfire Magnum. Seems like they all want the 'Magnum' on the end.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I have to say I am not real impressed with the XS Dot Tritium sight. In bright light it really isn't any better than the stock sight. In darker conditions the green dot does show up so in that case it is better than the stock sight. Would I suggest buying one? No because I think your money could be better spent on perhaps a better sight. I like it better than the stock sight but not by much.

·
Registered
65 Posts
So Buster, help me out a little bit more. Who makes this Xs standard dot tritium sight for the LCR. Is yours on a .22 WMR or another caliber. I just want the source so I can check it out further. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
I am shocked and dismayed!
After brushing aside cobwebs and shriveled rodent remains, I found some shreds of memory that hint of a long-gone .22 rimfire cartridge that may have been labeled 22 Winchester Rimfire Magnum (.22 WRM).

Leaving that dusty attic I did a Web search. Aha! I was pseudo-thinking of the .22 WRF cartridge. Interesting, and even enjoyed some popularity, but never got to my hill. WRF, not WRM or even WRFM.

Here's a link (to the Web article, not my mind).

http://www.chuckhawks.com/22WRF.htm

1 - 20 of 21 Posts