LCP vs LC380

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by lovetoshoot, Aug 24, 2016.

1. lovetoshoot

lovetoshoot New Member

I sold my LCP yesterday and I am looking at a LC380. Besides a little size difference and 1 more bullet, is there much more difference? I never did like the LCP trigger much, how does the LC380 trigger compare?
    Would an LCR be a comparable carry gun in size and weight?

2. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

LCP is a better CCW because of size, but the LC is better at the range. If you are hung up on the LC platform I would get an LC9S instead. You sold what I carry everywhere whereas my LC9 pulls garage duty.

3. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

4. lovetoshoot

lovetoshoot New Member

Went to the gun store last night to look at a LC380 and ended up buying a Bersa Thunder 380 CC. Won't get it till Sunday (Illinois). I hope it is as good as the LCP was, I trusted that gun.

5. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

That gun has a good rep. Maybe a little more felt recoil than you expect, being a straight blow-back design.

6. louchia

louchia Member

I don't own an LC380 but I have considered it. I did check it out at the gun shop. The trigger seemed very nice and a little lighter than the LCP The slide pulled back a little easier and I believe it has a hold open after the last round, Both features I really like.

7. lovetoshoot

lovetoshoot New Member

The LC seemed a little bulky and the store where I buy my guns won;t take the trigger lock off. I read that it was the same trigger as the LCP, which I didn't really like. Hence the Bersa.
    I am sure that most of the people at that Rural King store have CC permits, and like myself are standing there with a loaded handgun. Makes me wonder how some lawyers didn't think of that when they decided on the trigger locks. A little redundant.

8. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I think the trigger locks are also used to keep customers from pulling triggers on guns they really don't plan on buying anyway. Also some guns are not to be dry fired or damage may occur. The Kel-Tec PF9 is one such gun which is what the LC9 was more or less modeled after.
    I had an PF9 and it would just barely fit in my front jeans pocket where as my LCR fits better into my pocket.

9. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

I own all three pistols. The Bersa's recoil is snappy while the LCP will cause blisters at the range, but it's a perfect CCW for me. Then there is the Glock 42 which is my favorite .380. Soft shooting and accurate.

Another good option is a Ruger SP101 in .357 mag, but load it with .38 special. Very soft shooting.

Attached Files:

10. lovetoshoot

lovetoshoot New Member

Took the bersa out today. OUCH ! Bites in the web right under the tail. Bites hard ! Pretty accurate, nice trigger. May need something like a hogue rubber grip, or some michael jackson gloves.