Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had LCP for a couple of years. I usually have it an ankle holster. Run a couple of mags every few months. I use Hornady FTX 90 gr. my question and some help from the experts out there. Why this week fail to extract and stove pipes every few rounds? Now I don't trust it. So, any suggestions as to why and any correction ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Sometimes a faulty magazine can cause this. If you haven't already then try another mag and see if same thing happens. Also I have had this happen if the mag is not fully locked in place.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Most likely a Mag issue, or mag not locked all the way into place. Lcp mag can trick you some times. Best of luck!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like a good place to start. I have four mags and will try them all. Hopefully I can get to the range this week. Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update went to the range today. Discovered the extractor has the corner chipped or worn. Either way appears I need to replace. This should fix my problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Another thing that can cause this is inserting the recoil spring in backwards. I had the same issue. Took the LCP apart and there it was. This is actually very easy to do with the LCP. Just a heads up for all don't be in a hurry when you're reassembling your LCP.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Hello bmcwatson,

Welcome to RugerTalk,

Thanks for joining,
Its tradition here, to go to Introductions, and introduce your self,

Thanks

Jim

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for info. Sent it to Ruger. They sent me a NEW LCP. it does not extract the shell either. Not the first round. When gun returns or I get another LCP, I will post.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Range report. New gun worked perfect. No issues Easy gun to shoot. Smooth trigger pull. Nice sights but this one has laser. Easy to keep on target. I love it. It will be my back-up somewhere. Ankle or pocket or Inside waist.

·
Curmudgeon
30 Posts
Update went to the range today. Discovered the extractor has the corner chipped or worn. Either way appears I need to replace. This should fix my problem.
I had that exact problem! Couldn't figure why it kept jamming on me. I finally went over it meticulously and found the tiniest corner chip on the extractor lower corner. Replaced the extractor (I think it was $2 ?) and it is back to being flawless.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts