Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy y'all... For those that may not already know just passing on some helpful info. Ruger has updated a few parts on the LCP. As usual, Ruger came through big time and their customer service is simply one of the best in the business.

The updated parts are as follows:

Take Down Pin: A newer pin has been re-designed which is now doubled notched resolving any walking or breakage issues of the past.

Recoil Springs: The newer springs are around 11 pounds give or take replacing the older 9 pounders.

Guide Rod: The rod on the new custom model is now stainless and I'm guessing that it's the same as the Galloway stainless steel rod I have in mine.

After calling Ruger CS they sent me a new replacement pin and springs free of charge-Thank you Ruger CS !

·
Registered
907 Posts
Very nice. With the new updated LCP (actual sights!), I'm considering picking one up as a deep concealment BUG option.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Would a LCP purchased "new" last week likely have the updated parts? Thanks.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I still have the original slide pin, but replaced the guide rod with a ss unit and wolf slide springs. Also added a Hogue grip sleeve. I used some glow paint and a toothpick to paint on night sights.

I pretty much take my LCP everywhere because it is so small. It's my favorite CCW and least favorite range pistol. After doing all the mods I took it to the range for 100 rounds and it gave me a blister that still isn't fully healed after 3 weeks.

In addition, I found the LCP has its best performance using Walmart Tula steel case, unjacketed ammo. It's dirty, but never a problem. Avoid Perfecta and Fiocchi. Good gun with the mods. Buy an LCP on sale at PSA for $250 or less.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxkSV48HZKU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxkSV48HZKU[/ame]

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Glad that customer service fixed you up.
I never was interested at all in the LCP until they came out with the custom model. I bought it as soon as I saw it and Love it. Traded my S&W BG380 in on it. Great gun.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Howdy y'all... For those that may not already know just passing on some helpful info. Ruger has updated a few parts on the LCP. As usual, Ruger came through big time and their customer service is simply one of the best in the business.

The updated parts are as follows:

Take Down Pin: A newer pin has been re-designed which is now doubled notched resolving any walking or breakage issues of the past.

Recoil Springs: The newer springs are around 11 pounds give or take replacing the older 9 pounders.

Guide Rod: The rod on the new custom model is now stainless and I'm guessing that it's the same as the Galloway stainless steel rod I have in mine.

After calling Ruger CS they sent me a new replacement pin and springs free of charge-Thank you Ruger CS !
Would a LCP purchased "new" last week likely have the updated parts? Thanks.
Bump? (bought new a month ago) Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts