Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a LCPii .22 recently.
Had a terrible trigger. I found there is a Sigurd Short Stroke replacement available from Galloway Precision so I bought one.
To replace the trigger involves disassembling the pistol of just about everything.
There are 2 springs in the chassis that are kept in place by the frame so once the chassis is removed from the frame these are vulnerable to being displaced.
They do have to be removed so that part of the operation is simple.
There are at least 2 different videos available so it's easy to follow along step by step.
The trigger replacement operation is pretty easy but then you have to replace the other components along with the springs. The video should warn you that three hands are really required to perform the operation. Additionally, the guy in one of the videos forgets he is showing someone who never did it before how to perform the operation.
He has big meaty hands, which seldom quit moving, frequently out of camera range, thereby obscuring what he is doing.

The final action before inserting the chassis into the frame is installing those 2 springs. Looks easy in the video but for someone with old, arthritic, deformed fingers it is a challenge.
I spent quite a few hours battling the so and so, was almost to the point of surrendering and taking the pieces to the gunsmith at my LGS, admitting I was a failure.
Before that happened I was finally able to get everything in place and assembled as required.
(I think I would have thrown the whole gun away before I actually admitted defeat and gone to the LGS with my head between my legs.)

I also have a Ruger LCP Max which has the same lousy trigger. I had also bought a Sigurd trigger for it.
I'm sure the internal parts are very similar so I'll just wait a day or two and start on it.

This is just a forewarning to those who want to do what I did. I'm sure some young person (I'm 85) with nimble, flexible fingers will have no problem, others with my limitations...good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I did replace the stock trigger in my LCP Max today.
Since the whole procedure was still in my mind hardly looked at the video.
Now I have 2 small Rugers easy to carry.
Won't buy any more that I have to upgrade the triggers on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts