Ruger Talk Forums banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Banned
405 Posts
It's really amazing how some folks go so FAR out of their way and strive to advertise their ignorance in these open forums. Some, don't seem to have the knowledge that the .38 Special cartridge can be used in a .357 Magnum, or that a .44 Special round can be used in a .44 Magnum revolver, or that even a .454 Casull revolver will fire .45 Colt rounds very handily. WOW! Maybe they have "little girl hands" and the .22 Long Rifle is about the only recoil their tiny fingers can tolerate?
But then again, ignorance is bliss with many who continually whine about phoney health and mental issues, budgetary constraints, and all sorts of hypochondriac problems. So then, they exaggerate fictitious scenarios to try and push some ludicrous point that everybody can see right through. Most likely looking for sympathy for all their mundane issues.

As far as "Greg's" information, I call:

·
Registered
403 Posts
What are we to do, always carry firearms chambered in the largest and most powerful caliber on our person 24/7? If we're walking in the woods in Alaska then sure, carry a big 'ol revolver chambered in S&W 500 Magnum in a chest rig, but what good is carrying a hand canon if you can't hit anything with it or have difficulties with follow up shots due to excessive recoil?

It's another thing altogether if you're out doing your daily grind; if you're competent with what you carry - it shouldn't matter what you're carrying.

Many people are great at talking the talk and they honestly believe that just because they own and carry a firearm on their person that they're invincible, but most often that's nothing but pure machismo BS posturing.

It's the folks that exhibit humility that I'm impressed with...
Hi DrewBone #1 I am not trying to impress anyone here. I have used a hand gun to defend myself twice .45ACP & 9mm in combat both my attackers died of their wounds both were one shot stops at close quarters . I never advocated carrying a Hand cannon . I was simply relaying my personal experience you don't need to worry about caliber of your hand gun but to just be proficient with it and be able to place your shot into a vital organ with speed accuracy and shot placement. ,In Greg's Conclusion he said " The results I got from the study lead me to believe that there really isn’t that much difference between most defensive handgun rounds and calibers. None is a death ray, but most work adequately…even the lowly .22s. I’ve stopped worrying about trying to find the “ultimate” bullet. There isn’t one. And I’ve stopped feeling the need to strap on my .45 every time I leave the house out of fear that my 9mm doesn’t have enough “stopping power.” Folks, carry what you want. Caliber really isn’t all that important." I agree with him !

Reactions: RL Johnson

·
Registered
403 Posts
I tend to agree...if you get shot in the head with a 22, 380, 9mm,40 , or 45 you'll probably be dead no matter what caliber.
yup & if you take two hits to the torso or neck your probably be stopped.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I recommend Trying the CCI Velocitor 40 grain Copper Plated Hollow Point the velocity is 1435 FPS making it the fastest most accurate 40 grain Hollow Point on the market.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have come across a great accessory to the Ruger LCP II Lite Rack .22 LR “Wingman” +4 Magazine Bumper for Ruger® LCP® II in .22LR. Makes your LCP II .22 LR Increased capacity to 15 rounds of .22LR.

At a glance:
  • Increase your magazine size by 4
  • Improves grip for magazine changes
  • Included Green Springs provide extended life
*Includes two base pads per order*

Now available for the Ruger® LCP® II in .22LR , the TANDEMKROSS "Wingman" +4 Magazine Bumpers, are designed to enable your factory magazines to load 4 extra rounds!

These bumpers extend the bottom of the magazine to allowing for a more ergonomic grip and better handling; resulting in improved accuracy.

The extended bumpers will also assist with seating magazines securely into the pistol frame. By providing extra material to "bump" them into a locked state you can reload with confidence!

From concealed carry to backyard plinkers, everyone can benefit from a two-pack of these simple to install upgrades. Don't load less ammo, load more with the TANDEMKROSS magazine bumpers!

Includes the TANDEMKROSS Green Magazine Springs consistently reliable feeding and extended life! *Green springs are designed to work in combination of the “Wingman” +5 Magazine Bumpers.

Please note, the new spring is much stiffer and can be a tricky installation. A helpful trick is, to use a long thin punch (or pencil) as a guide in the spring itself.

This is demonstrated on our Ruger SR22 Green Spring installation video. The spring is different but the process is the same (You can fast forward to about 1:18)
  • Spring Trick - Installation Video
  • Warning: Cannot ship to Massachusetts, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maryland, New Jersey or New York.

• Do not purchase this item if you have a billing or shipping address associated with these locations.
Don't forget, all TANDEMKROSS products are Made in the USA and come with a LIFETIME guarantee! TANDEMKROSS

·
Banned
405 Posts
^^^^Find out who actually makes those, and you'll probably save at least $3.00 to $4.00 for each one. Tandemkross doesn't make anything. They just buy and then resell, and take advantage of those like the guy above.
New coil springs are always longer, they NEED to develop their working set. If you'd like to learn more, send me an email or PM here and I'll explain a very simple process on how to install **NEW** magazine springs, that BRR has so much trouble with.

·
Banned
405 Posts
Posted by a truly ignorant TK sycophant! A danger to mostly his complete lack of knowledge, and therefore himself. Most likely a Biden supporter.

·
Banned
405 Posts
I recommend Trying the CCI Velocitor 40 grain Copper Plated Hollow Point the velocity is 1435 FPS making it the fastest most accurate 40 grain Hollow Point on the market.
No, completely false statement. The Aguila Interceptor has a 40 grain hollow point bullet that travels very accurately at 1470 FPS, so that round outshines, and discredits the latrine janitors claim.
Maybe if he hangs around here long enough he just might learn something. :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
I agree with you guys about the .22 cal. It is a viable cartridge for up close.
In 1972 my grandfather encountered a thief armed with a shiny .44 magnum. The thief fired one shot striking my grandfather in the stomach. My grandfather, while on the ground trying to recover the thief stepped up to him and place the barrel of his .44 mag on my grandfathers face leaving the powder mark on his face . While the thief was focused on my grandfather, my grandfather removed a tiny colt .25 ACP from his pocket and fired all 6 shots, missing one.
The thief died 6 days later. My grandfather lived for 40 more years.

On a different note I received one shot to my left thigh with a .38 cal hand gun when I was sixteen. At that time I was just hunting/plinking in the desert in the great state of AZ. with a single action Ruger Bearcat .22 cal. I shot back, reloaded and the man had run off. He had expired by the time the police went out to look for him.

Today, though I daily carry a 9mm Sig P-365, I have and often carry a Phoenix Arms HP-22 in .22 caliber.

This event has left me at the ready at all times. I am much older today but I still remember it as if it was just hours ago.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I agree with you guys about the .22 cal. It is a viable cartridge for up close.
In 1972 my grandfather encountered a thief armed with a shiny .44 magnum. The thief fired one shot striking my grandfather in the stomach. My grandfather, while on the ground trying to recover the thief stepped up to him and place the barrel of his .44 mag on my grandfathers face leaving the powder mark on his face . While the thief was focused on my grandfather, my grandfather removed a tiny colt .25 ACP from his pocket and fired all 6 shots, missing one.
The thief died 6 days later. My grandfather lived for 40 more years.

On a different note I received one shot to my left thigh with a .38 cal hand gun when I was sixteen. At that time I was just hunting/plinking in the desert in the great state of AZ. with a single action Ruger Bearcat .22 cal. I shot back, reloaded and the man had run off. He had expired by the time the police went out to look for him.

Today, though I daily carry a 9mm Sig P-365, I have and often carry a Phoenix Arms HP-22 in .22 caliber.

This event has left me at the ready at all times. I am much older today but I still remember it as if it was just hours ago.
I am sorry you experienced such a traumatic event at such a young age for me I was 18 but it was war .But now you are prepared and won't hesitate at the critical moment and become a victim.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Thank you. It is unfortunate some of us have to go through this kind experience. It is what makes some of us become the sheep dog rather that the sheep.

I always have trouble using the center of my trigger finger. It feels more comfortable at the joint but this explains my problems in accuracy.

·
Banned
405 Posts
I have come across a great accessory to the Ruger LCP II Lite Rack .22 LR “Wingman” +4 Magazine Bumper for Ruger® LCP® II in .22LR. Makes your LCP II .22 LR Increased capacity to 15 rounds of .22LR.

At a glance:
  • Increase your magazine size by 4
  • Improves grip for magazine changes
  • Included Green Springs provide extended life
*Includes two base pads per order*

Now available for the Ruger® LCP® II in .22LR , the TANDEMKROSS "Wingman" +4 Magazine Bumpers, are designed to enable your factory magazines to load 4 extra rounds!

These bumpers extend the bottom of the magazine to allowing for a more ergonomic grip and better handling; resulting in improved accuracy.

The extended bumpers will also assist with seating magazines securely into the pistol frame. By providing extra material to "bump" them into a locked state you can reload with confidence!

From concealed carry to backyard plinkers, everyone can benefit from a two-pack of these simple to install upgrades. Don't load less ammo, load more with the TANDEMKROSS magazine bumpers!

Includes the TANDEMKROSS Green Magazine Springs consistently reliable feeding and extended life! *Green springs are designed to work in combination of the “Wingman” +5 Magazine Bumpers.

Please note, the new spring is much stiffer and can be a tricky installation. A helpful trick is, to use a long thin punch (or pencil) as a guide in the spring itself.

This is demonstrated on our Ruger SR22 Green Spring installation video. The spring is different but the process is the same (You can fast forward to about 1:18)
  • Spring Trick - Installation Video
  • Warning: Cannot ship to Massachusetts, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maryland, New Jersey or New York.

• Do not purchase this item if you have a billing or shipping address associated with these locations.
Don't forget, all TANDEMKROSS products are Made in the USA and come with a LIFETIME guarantee! TANDEMKROSS
You need to order one of those "post haste". Or, practice more, so you don't need any extra rounds to "git 'r dun". :p

·
Registered
403 Posts
Thank you. It is unfortunate some of us have to go through this kind experience. It is what makes some of us become the sheep dog rather that the sheep.

I always have trouble using the center of my trigger finger. It feels more comfortable at the joint but this explains my problems in accuracy.
This should be your mind set from now on.

·
Registered
498 Posts
.22lr pistols have not gotten any respect in the last few years. However, try finding one now in inventory at a decent price. Many new women shooters are starting out with them because they are recoil sensitive.

·
Registered
403 Posts
.22lr pistols have not gotten any respect in the last few years. However, try finding one now in inventory at a decent price. Many new women shooters are starting out with them because they are recoil sensitive.
Absolutely .
Some may be asking why anyone would ever want to use this caliber as a self-defense round. There are plenty of other rounds out there that are affordable, capable, and accessible for self-defense. The main reason someone would choose it is for the low recoil. While rare, many people lack the strength to effectively handle even a .380 ACP. Concealed carriers owe it to themselves to be as well-armed as physically possible and while most are able to carry a caliber more substantial than .22 LR, some simply can’t. Ammunition in this caliber is super cheap, so you can get in a lot of training for very little money - which is good because you'll need to be well-skilled if you're using it for self-defense. While you should practice proper shot placement with every caliber, with .22 LR, you already behind the power curve.
In addition, firearms chambered in this caliber have hardly any recoil. Even when fired from the smallest guns on the market, the .22 LR is seriously easy to control. Since this caliber is easy to handle, it also makes getting quick, accurate follow-up shots easier, too. Having a gun that's easy to shoot effectively can be a huge deal, especially for a new shooter. The most significant disadvantage of .22LR for self-defense is the rimfire system. Rimfire rounds tend to be less reliable than centerfire rounds. A round failing to ignite can be a significant issue. The second issue that most .22 LR fails to expand when they strike a soft target and can have penetration issues. You’ll need premium grade ammo for defensive purposes for your .22 LR. I strongly recommend the CCI Velocitor copper plated hollow point it's the fastest most accurate 40 grain hollow point on the market , It's velocity is 1435 fps it Hits hard penetrates deep and leaves a significant wound channel. I think 4 shots into the torso and 1 shot to the head or neck in close quarters would render an attacker totally incapacitated if it don't put a few more shots into them .

I carry the Ruger LCP .22LR Pistol as my EDC back up .I trust it if needed ,I am confident multiple .22 LR shots into the head neck torso or below the belt line will stop an attacker dead in their tracks. The Heart Lungs Liver Spleen & Spine, Stomach major arteries all reside in the Torso .The Neck the Juggler vein , Throat Spine reside ithere . The Head the brain and brain stem reside there . At close quarters the .22lr Hand gun is deadly when multiple shots strike these areas.

WHEN IT COMES TO THE RUGER LCP II .22 LR

21 - 40 of 55 Posts