LCP ii .22

Discussion in 'Ruger Rimfire Forums' started by Morganfd9, Dec 30, 2019.

1. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

I carry my original Gen. 2 LCP everywhere. This new model fills a lot of need for many. I will buy one eventually. Wish it was even smaller.

2. quirky

quirky Active Member

Blows the new Glock 44 out of the water. No excuses now for not carrying. I really like how they did the safety on it because on my EC9s I carry it weak side but it's awkward to disengage when I go in to draw.

[​IMG]

The LCP 2 .22 LR has it side to side so that as you go in you can just press it forward and draw. I pocket carry without a holster so I do like having an external safety. A holster is to bulky and prints. I'm gonna buy a 'Clipdraw' and get that safety outside the pocket.
    [​IMG]
    I walk with a cane on my strong side so I have trained myself to shoot from the weak side as well. If the safety was ambidextrous it would work good.

3. RussD

RussD New Member

I'll definitely be sniffing around for one at the next gun show.

4. wsitgm

wsitgm New Member

I got one....nice little gun. If you are used to flicking off a safety on a 1911 or a Shield this is as easy.[​IMG][​IMG]

5. wsitgm

wsitgm New Member

Oddly, mine just broke a firing pin....Ruger sending parts.

6. Magnum.357

Magnum.357 Active Member

I have a Phoenix Arms .22 and shoots well. I am please to say I paid $139.00 and shot 2,000 rnds without any issues. I thought, for 140 bucks why not and it turned out to be a great little gun. Worth every little penny. Its negatives are the safeties and the magazine release has to be depressed while removing the magazine. If you release the mag rel. it locks the magazine from being removed even half way out it locks. Once you get passed all of that and are shooting, it's lots of fun. My children love it.
    Now for Ruger LCP II .22, I am sure it is a very good buy and very well worth every little penny. For self defense against a two legged rat, why not. I pushes a .40 gr. projectile to roughly 1,100 fps. give or take 50 and up close during an altercation it may save your life and get you out of a situation.