Ruger Talk Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
And yes, I mostly lurk, and this is my second post. But if y'all are ok with this (judging by how many stepped in to call him out on it), then I won't let the door hit me on the way out, don't worry.
stop whining and say why you have to say. You do not have to agree with anyone and they do not have to agree with you. simple

·
Registered
3 Posts
Stop whining. The world is full of people with one excuse after another and who think their opinion is word from the mount. Just smile, and ignore them if you do not agree. You will not change their minds because they have no data in the first place to argue with, just an opinion, and we all know what an opinion is worth.
Not sure I would say calling out bigots as whining. But ok. Since you felt that strongly to post twice, clearly your opinion is worth a lot of consideration....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not sure I would say calling out bigots as whining. But ok. Since you felt that strongly to post twice, clearly your opinion is worth a lot of consideration....
You’re not calling out bigots. You’re responding with a knee jerk reaction against a sound, logical argument involving the nature of competitive improvement without all of the appropriate statistics to form a more sound point of debate. There’s a big difference and before you start riding the high horse, you ought to be made aware of it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My opinion is just that, my opinion. Think very hard about what i am saying, it is meant to be helpful. What makes you qualified to call out bigots? Do you not realize that the people you complain about also think they are "qualified" to make their comments? so, who decides who is qualified? People tend to gravitate towards those that agree with them, thinking since it reinforces their own perceptions therefore they must be correct. Wrong. If you fill a room with idiots, and they all agree with each other, at the end of the day, you still have a room of idiots. That is why I say, let it go, because thinking you will "win" an argument on line with all the would be "experts" is a fools errand. Hang there and enjoy the site for the tech info you can get from others experiences.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
My opinion is just that, my opinion. Think very hard about what i am saying, it is meant to be helpful. What makes you qualified to call out bigots? Do you not realize that the people you complain about also think they are "qualified" to make their comments? so, who decides who is qualified? People tend to gravitate towards those that agree with them, thinking since it reinforces their own perceptions therefore they must be correct. Wrong. If you fill a room with idiots, and they all agree with each other, at the end of the day, you still have a room of idiots. That is why I say, let it go, because thinking you will "win" an argument on line with all the would be "experts" is a fools errand. Hang there and enjoy the site for the tech info you can get from others experiences.
Good grief guys!! How in the world did this simple email degenerate in to such a spat among adults(?). Let it go!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Girls...girls!!!

Back on topic please.

OP, 'sorry for your troubles, but I'm glad your LCP II seems to be functioning well now!

After some initial thoughts and investigations into threaded barrel/barrel threading options to run a suppressor on an LCP II in .22, I just haven't been able to find one locally to look over. And until such a time as I can physically inspect one in my hands I'll allow everyone else to provide me with heads up on any negative issues/fixes/positive experiences that crop up so I can use those experiences to help me make an informed decision about purchasing one, if and when one of these little buggers shows up in my demographic :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
You’re not calling out bigots. You’re responding with a knee jerk reaction against a sound, logical argument involving the nature of competitive improvement without all of the appropriate statistics to form a more sound point of debate. There’s a big difference and before you start riding the high horse, you ought to be made aware of it.
Good grief guys!! How in the world did this simple email degenerate in to such a spat among adults(?). Let it go!
I think I have been trying to say that from the beginning. Let it go

·
Registered
23 Posts
Girls...girls!!!

Back on topic please.

OP, 'sorry for your troubles, but I'm glad your LCP II seems to be functioning well now!

After some initial thoughts and investigations into threaded barrel/barrel threading options to run a suppressor on an LCP II in .22, I just haven't been able to find one locally to look over. And until such a time as I can physically inspect one in my hands I'll allow everyone else to provide me with heads up on any negative issues/fixes/positive experiences that crop up so I can use those experiences to help me make an informed decision about purchasing one, if and when one of these little buggers shows up in my demographic :)
The barrel does not provide any room for threading, at least mine doesn't.

·
Registered
403 Posts
And yes, I mostly lurk, and this is my second post. But if y'all are ok with this (judging by how many stepped in to call him out on it), then I won't let the door hit me on the way out, don't worry.
Call out the TRUTH FOR BEING THE TRUTH !

·
Registered
120 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
The bulged muzzle design of the LCP II barrel in .22LR doesn't allow for threading of the outside of the barrel:

...but it can certainly be threaded internally, which will allow for the installation of a male to male thread adapter, such as the one shown below:

This may be the method that Tornado Technologies employs with their LCP II .22 barrel threading service:
never knew you could do an internal thread. I assume it has a smooth transition internally so as not to affect accuracy, or strip lead etc?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey man, I just got this Ruger LCP II .22lr, took it to the range and had like 15-ish malfunctions / misfires out of about 125 rounds, and my barrel is full of the scraps or fouling from the ammo (Remington Thunderbolt). What was up with your barrel exactly that they had to replace it? I am kinda leaning towards calling them and discussing this with them. I am having the exact same issue mentioned here years ago (except it happened on my little LCP pistol) --> Lead Fouling in barrel

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Hey man, I just got this Ruger LCP II .22lr, took it to the range and had like 15-ish malfunctions / misfires out of about 125 rounds, and my barrel is full of the scraps or fouling from the ammo (Remington Thunderbolt). What was up with your barrel exactly that they had to replace it? I am kinda leaning towards calling them and discussing this with them. I am having the exact same issue mentioned here years ago (except it happened on my little LCP pistol) --> Lead Fouling in barrel
They didn’t say what the barrel problem was, either time. But it works fine now except for Blazer. Call them. They are great to work with and no doubt they will email you a ship label.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts