Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. First post here but not new to forums in general. I just ordered a LCP Custom .380 and wanted to order a spare magazine or two. I see that ProMag offers a magazine for the LCP. The reviews seem to be somewhat hit or miss on majority of sites. They ProMag magazines seem to be right around half the cost of the factory Ruger magazines. So, that being said has anyone here purchased the ProMag magzianes for the LCP and what is your impressions of them? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
There is something wrong at ProMag HQ. They don't seem to care whether or not the product functions. The LCP is an SD gun - period. Reliability matters way more in a self defense gun than in a range/hunting gun.

So. I haven't purchased a ProMag magazine for the LCP and my impression of Promag magazines is that they suck pond water.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I guess this thread was moved as I did not make a proper introduction? Anyways, the LCP Custom .380 will be my second Ruger firearm next to the a SR1911 .45. I have many others, but hey this is a Ruger forum.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I guess I'd just buy the Ruger mags.never been a fan of promag in general.

BTW, welcome to RugerTalk!
We like all guns, not just rugers!

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Welcome to Rugertalk,

Jim

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Welcome to RT. Like VT said, the LCP is for CC protection and you don't want to compromise your protection for a few bucks.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Over at the Bersa forum those guys are really closed minded. They do not like anything that isn't Bersa, even stuff not related to guns! They especially bad mouth other brands of magazines for the Thunder too. I purchased a ProMag at almost half the price of OEM and it works fine never a problem, but my Bersa is not for CCW.

You can always buy one ProMag for range duty if it's cheap enough knowing that an LCP is not a range gun anyway. 100 rounds with it and you are done for the day.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Correct. The mags can be used at the range so not reloading as often. The LCP is certainly not a range gun but that does not mean you don't practice with it at all. I was looking for opinions from those who have tried them. It is not always about saving money. Some times you get what you pay for for certain. Whenever something is priced almost 50% less you have to question why. It could simply mean the name brand is over priced or the ProMags are just junk. I have bought plenty of inexpensive things that have proven to be quality products vs a name brand. Though I did not depend on them to save my life. My EDC is a S&W Shield and I have only purchased S&W mags for it. They are pretty inexpensive as is though. Primarily want the LCP for 'deep' concealment.

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Welcome,
I'm sure somebody somewhere has tried ProMag in the LCP.
Maybe they'll speak up.

Edit....
Oops, Didn't see that last post. There you go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts