LCP 380ACP 100 yard shot freehand

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by lcjohnston00, Sep 5, 2015.

1. lcjohnston00

lcjohnston00 New Member

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhkC5xFWCsI[/ame]

Played around at the range today with a Ruger LCP and Philip Hemphill. I brought my gun out to see if he could shoot it free handed at a balloon at 100 yards! Definitely not what the caliber is designed for but nice to know if it will do it! It helps having an 11 time national champion shooting it, though! I doubt I could hit it but it didn't take him long! I'm hoping I can sweet talk him into shooting it out to 200 next week!

We were shooting Hornady Critical Defense 380acp 90grain at 100 yards!

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

That's some good shooting. I doubt I could hold still enough to shoot it at that distance.
    Just to let you know it is appreciated for new members to go to the Introduction section of forum and introduce yourself to the family here. Not asking for a rap sheet just a little about you and what brought you here to the forum and your interests. You might find out there are members living very close to where you live.

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Awesome shot...thanks for posting !!

4. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

That is some really fine shooting. I don't know if I could see the balloon @100 yrds. let alone hit it. It gives me a little more respect for the .380 round however for my own personal protection, I feel much more comfortable with my SR1911 LW Commander. MHO only!

Tommy

5. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Thats really good shooting....
    I guarantee ya that guy knows what hes doing..:cool:

Jim

6. buster40c

It's all done with mirrors so you can't see the hand with a pin popping the balloon. LOL just kidding.
    I am going to try that at my place with my M/C. I might have to use a weather balloon though.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  7. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Buster,

I don't need a weather balloon to hit the target at 100 yrds. for crying out loud. Just find me a blimp, maybe Goodyear has an extra one and then give me at least a thousand rounds. Surely I can hit it once, but it's gotta be close to the ground.

Tommy:D

8. buster40c

Tommy I think you might get yourself on a bad list that Goodyear keeps. They actually used to keep a Goodyear blimp in a hanger in Spring, Tx. Just take I- 45 north from Houston and fire away while it is in the hanger. lol You might be able to hit it then.

9. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Was that a hanger or a barn..?

If its in a barn... I know Id miss it..
    I cant hit the side of a barn..:eek:

Jim

10. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

Nice shootin', Tex.

11. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Oh, that's easy. I used to shoot the Beretta M84 .380 I had at 100 yards.
    Only thing.......... Never did know where the bullets landed in the backstop. :cheesy: