Lcp 380

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Vanousb, May 7, 2015.

1. Vanousb

Vanousb New Member

I am currently shooting a lc9s I bought about three weeks ago as well as a sr22 for fun. In my mind, the lc9s would be a gun for me and my wife. Turns out she feels it is a little more kick than she likes. I love it, so all mine I suppose.

My question is...is the Ruger Lcp or Lc380 a reliable gun with enough punch and is it a good choice for smaller framed wife (or even a little pocket gun for me)? Also, what is a fair price on one? Guess I am asking for opinion. Any thought for those who own and shot the Lcp is appreciated.

Last edited: May 7, 2015
  2. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

LCP is not a range gun. It's slightly less snappy than an LC9 and not very accurate. It is best micro in its class <$300 in what it was designed for, deep CCW. Accuracy is best less than 10 feet. Short barrel with little twist available means it spits out bullets. I have one and other than size, ranks lowest in fun among all my firearms. Palmetto State Armory sells them for $199 on sale. Definitely worth it, but temper your expectations.

As far as your wife is concerned she might be better off with a .22lr. A nice compromise in size, accuracy, reliability and appearance would be a Bersa Thunder in .22. I have one in .380 and it's a good deal for the $. My Glock 42 is more accurate and less snappy than the Bersa or LCP, but the Bersa is sexiest.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 7, 2015

3. Vanousb

Vanousb New Member

Thanks for the input nickndfl. We range with a sr22 and a s&w mp22 (which I really like to target with) as well as the Lc 9s. Have a 67 model 38 revolver I like to shoot as well. Want the smaller for ccw for her (or me at times). Will look into the palmetto sells. Kinda been locked in on Ruger. Obsession at the moment. Will look into the glock and Bersa. S&w shield opinions? Any thought of fair price private sales?

4. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I think your wife will not like the recoil of the LCP either. I suggest you and your wife go to a range that rents guns. That way you can try out several before buying one and then find out your not liking it. A friend has the Sig P238 and that gun surprised me big time. It fits the hand very well and it handles the 380 recoil really well. If I was determined to shoot 380 I would buy the Sig 238.

5. Whaler

Whaler New Member

I am very fond of .380 and here are mine.
    Sig P238, Sig P232 and a Beretta 84FS. The Sig P238 is my daily carry.
    [​IMG]

For fun plinking I love my Bersa Thunder .22LR
    [​IMG]