Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of buying a LCP 380. Seen many good reviews. l I have searched for info on the trigger pull but am unable to fin how heavy the trigger pull is. The LCP has no manual safety, so I would prefer a heavy trigger to avoid AD . All that is ever mentioned is a long double action pull.
Anyone know how heavy it is?
Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a LCP. I never measured the trigger pull, but I'd guess it's around 9 lbs or so. The travel is a bit long, so there really isn't a big chance it'll go off. I carry it in my front pocket without any fear. I recommend buying one.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a new LCP. It is awesome. I would guess 1/3 less trigger distance as the original. Just a guess. However Much lighter trigger pull as well. Nice sights for a small gun. I would recommend to anyone. I have no issues with it not having a safety. Easy to now hit the target without the long hard trigger pull compare to original. I carry it almost everywhere either summer carry or back-up.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I carried my LCP for years and love it. I put a Crimson Trace laser on it as I had difficulty with the sighs (bi/tri focals). Long hard trigger pull for sure. Great little gun. I recommend it for anyone.

·
Curmudgeon
30 Posts
Yep, I have an older model LCP and I'll agree that the pull (No, I haven't actually measured it either...) is quite stout and looooong. It would be a pretty good trick to make it fire accidentally (never say never but ...) its probability is fairly low. Good to know that the newer ones have a lighter, shorter pull. From what I've seen it looks like the sights are actually useable, too! :D So depending on how old the LCP is might determine your comfort level with the trigger.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the responses. I'll have to get one in my hand (that I would buy) and determine for myself. From the responses, heavy or newer lighter sounds OK.
Thank you

·
Registered
499 Posts
They are on sale with no laser at PSA for $250 in OD. The online going rate for lasers is $280. The question you should be asking is when you buy one should you get one with a laser or not. I also got a $6 plain black pocket holster to prevent any printing.

Personally, I think lasers are unnecessary. I paid $300 for my plain black LCP from LGS. Best micro value .380acp. Anything smaller for deep concealing in .32 or .25 would be too small for my hands.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Contacted Rugar CS and was informed that the trigger pull on the newer models (9 numbers and no dash) is 7-9 lbs. Also I found that the LCP does not have a mag safety.
Trigger pull is fine with me but I would feel better with a mag safety.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the 2013 up grades include reduced trigger to 7-9 bls, improved sights(rear sight slightly more pronounced) and improved trigger mechanism to reduce AD if dropped.

Also, the ser.# is 9 digits long w/o a dash.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is it possible to get the trigger from the original LCP to perform like the newer LCP? It actually looks like the hammer is already half cocked on the newer LCP. I definitely prefer the new triggers action, opposed to the original.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I don’t have either Lcp but I do have a Remington RM380. It was DAO with a long and hard trigger pull. I installed the Galloway Precision hammer and firing pin springs and the pull is now much smoother but not shorter. They do not offer a trigger kit for the gun. You might check the Galloway website to see if they have a trigger modification kit. They make good parts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts