LCP 380 Coming Apart

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by cgor, Mar 19, 2014.

1. cgor

cgor New Member

My daughter recently purchased a new LCP 380 and has fired only about 200 rounds through it, on the last trip to the range on the fifth shot the barrel came shooting out the front and slid down the range.They had to shut down the range so we could find all the parts, went back to dealer we bought from and they had their smith look at it and he said he has never seen one so that, so back to Ruger. Received the gun back in two weeks and they replaced the barrel and put in new retaining pin. Has anyone else expire emcees this?

2. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Never heard of that......Glad Ruger fixed the problem. Let us know if the repairs hold up....

3. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Never heard of this, but Ruger has some great customer service, glad tegu took care of you

4. waltersolbchalk

waltersolbchalk New Member

Don't own one but was just reading on another forum about this happening so you are not alone.

**** it dude let's go bowling

5. refugee

refugee New Member

had some issues with mine. slide rail fell off. sent it back and they rebuilt it around my serial number. been fine since, shot 50 more today. nice little snot. carry it for deep hide out. normal carry is an SR40c but sometimes the LCP fits the occasion better. I continue to be pleasantly surprised by the accuracy.

6. robkarrob

robkarrob New Member

I have read lots of issues with the LC9, including broken firing pins, but the barrel shooting forward??? I can see the retaining pin coming out and the slide and barrel shooting forward. The only way just the barrel could shoot out forward, would be that it would have to completely break into two or more pieces, as the rear of the barrel and chamber area would not fit through the barrel opening in the slide.

Bob