Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased 2 LC9s for the wife and myself about a month and a half ago.
Very happy with the purchase. I've had absolutely no issues and have put approximately 500 rounds on each.

I knew that Ruger only sends one mag with each so I purchased 4 others off of Cheaper Than Dirt (I was surprised that their's were the cheapest I could find).

All in all, very happy with the Ruger LC9s that we got.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Purchased 2 LC9s for the wife and myself about a month and a half ago.
Very happy with the purchase. I've had absolutely no issues and have put approximately 500 rounds on each.

I knew that Ruger only sends one mag with each so I purchased 4 others off of Cheaper Than Dirt (I was surprised that their's were the cheapest I could find).

All in all, very happy with the Ruger LC9s that we got.
Glad you're happy. That makes Ruger happy, and (apparently because I'm a humanist) makes me happy too. About CTD, I was a customer until I saw damning evidence that they practiced racism on a retail store basis.

·
Registered
992 Posts
The 9s is as good of a subcompact 9mm as you can get. You chose well and I think you'll be satisfied with them for as long as you own them.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
What I heard about CTD is the dirt they are comparing to must have gold dust in it. Maybe they have found plain dirt to compare to now.
Glad you like your LC9s. Does it have good shooting accuracy out 30' or so?

·
Registered
551 Posts
At 25' the Lc9s is very accurate it you have the proper technique. A friend has farm in update PA. He set up a target range on his property. As a challenge we set up 2 old kitchen cabinet doors left over from remodeling. The door handles were 3/8" in diameter and 3" long. We each had our own door to shoot at. Person who hit the handle first won. I split the handle on the second shot. First shot missed by about an inch I won because he took six shots to hit it.

If you handle the Lc9s properly it is extremely accurate. Because of the improved trigger it allows for greater accuracy than the Lc9 I sold when the S model came out.

·
Registered
992 Posts
^^^ Same here. The 9s is as accurate as the shooter can shoot. I've hit soda cans at 100 feet without too much trouble. Can't do it with every shot, but 100 feet is a lot longer range than the 9s is intended for.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
What I heard about CTD is the dirt they are comparing to must have gold dust in it. Maybe they have found plain dirt to compare to now.
Glad you like your LC9s. Does it have good shooting accuracy out 30' or so?
Say what? Spit it out Buster; we are adults here.

·
Registered
45 Posts
YES! I have shot Lord only remembers how many rounds through it, never an issue, accurate at 7+yards as well. The slim profile grim is a plus and I like how easy it is to field strip (might be a good idea to order an extra pin though ;)), it's my GO TO for Conceal Carry.

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Say what? Spit it out Buster; we are adults here.
All I needed to see was the INSANE $$$ they wanted for six dollars worth of .22 LR back during the height of the shortage.
I have a Looooooong memory when it comes to stuff like that.

rtm,
Congrats on the pair of LC9s. Lots of advantages to both of you shooting the same model.
Share magazines, holsters and spare parts. Make one gun out of two if it ever came down to it.

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
I have the NRALC9 and have had no problems with it. It will keep them all in the 10 ring at 30 feet off hand if I do my part. Seeing what you wrote and watching You Tube, I have about talked myself into the LC9s. I thought of getting the LC9s Pro, but I have no problem with the magazine safety, (I think some people forget it was installed for law enforcement that didn't want to be shot with their own gun if taken away from them. Drop the mag and the bad guy couldn't shoot.) I also like having the thumb safety on a pocket gun with a striker trigger. If the wife can shoot the LC9 I will give it to her.:D

·
Registered
551 Posts
Old hand,
I totally agree with you reasons for and choice of the Lc9s over the Pro model. When I went from the Lc9 to the 9s I had the reasoning. I carry IWB so the thumb safety reduced the likelihood of an accident. On my 3 tours in Nam using a M1911 I never found the thumb safety to impair performance in a fight. Today I periodically practice unlocking the safey while drawing the gun. It is very easy to get that act down pat.

·
Registered
992 Posts
^^ Allen is exactly right. It's so simple to draw while leaving the safety on, then sweep it off when the gun comes up and forward. It's just second nature now, I'm not sure I could take the safety off before the gun clears. It would take real concentration.

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
Thanks for the advise, I feel the same. My safety on the NRALC9 goes off smoothly. I would expect the LC9s to be the same.:cool:

·
1968 Ford Galaxie 500 XL
204 Posts
I picked one up about 3 months ago and the more I use it the more i am falling in love with it.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
CDNN has the LC9s on sale for $300. got to watch the freight charge though. Because of that you might find it cheaper at your LGS. CDNN also charges state taxes.

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
I guess I should give an update, I went to my favorite Pawn Shop were I bought my NRALC9. They were out of LC9s but he had just put out a LC9 that had two mags and original box and everything. I said I have an NRALC9 why would I want that? He said try the trigger, I did, all I could say was wow! Smooth and light, so I traded. This gives me three mags and a trigger that I will get a gunsmith to measure. The box showed it originally came from Cabela's, I don't have any idea if this trigger has been worked on but the gun looked like it hadn't been fired. I am a happy camper.:D

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
CDNN has the LC9s on sale for $300. got to watch the freight charge though. Because of that you might find it cheaper at your LGS. CDNN also charges state taxes.

Sales tax? Their Web site says just the state they are located, Texas.

I may be ordering the pro version tonight. $20 shipping.

My LGS has a price of $399 plus tax. Cdnn has them beat for sure.....

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Well I live in Texas so............

1 - 20 of 43 Posts