LC9S vs G43 VS XDS-9mm(FDE)

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by mouse9mm, Nov 6, 2015.

1. mouse9mm

mouse9mm New Member

I bought all three of these over the past 5 months.
    Didnt have time to shoot them until today.
    I had very HIGH expectations for the G43 due to all the hype reviews.
    I love all 3, but if I had to rank these three for ease and handling as well as trigger comfort, by far LC9S and XDS come on top over the G43

2. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

I have an LC9 and don't understand the bad rap it received for the trigger. It's slightly longer for safety reasons, but it's still good. The gun overall is so thin. I already dispatched one hog with it. Shoots everything every time. I imagine the LC9S is even more refined.

3. 6-Oclock

6-Oclock New Member

I own the LC9s Pro as my "go to" conceal carry. I love the trigger pull, it's accurate at 7-10 yrs., very concealable even under an untucked tee shirt, and the easy breakdown for cleaning is awesome. I love the fact that it's a single action... myself, I seem to antisapate the shot too much with a double action (nothing against anyone who perfers'um). The extra mag was easy to come by and after 400 rounds, I've had no malfuctions that can be attributed to the gun! :tiphat:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  4. stalkingbear

stalkingbear New Member

Personally I LOVE the XD/XDm/XDs platform and even after having compared & shot side by side with the LC9s I prefer the XDs. Mine (XDs) happens to be in .45 however. I do really like the grip safety, as well as how slick it is after aftermarket trigger components installation. I honestly couldn't have believed a gun so small could shoot so well if I hadn't experienced it myself!

5. jstanfield103

jstanfield103 Member

Stalkingbear,
    just wanted to say hello to one of my neighbors.

6. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I too like the XD line.

Seems to be a few Ky shooters here..:cool:

Jim

7. jstanfield103

jstanfield103 Member

Yes there is phedeaux,
    Did you know the that people in the state of Kentucky own more guns than any other state in the union. :) I know I sure do my part.

8. mouse9mm

mouse9mm New Member

Opened last week....now my Mod2-9mm will have company along with my Ruger LCP, LC9S, SR9C

Attached Files:

9. stalkingbear

stalkingbear New Member

Hey if yall are up for it we could have a Ky meet & greet-that means shoot at the range & grill & have a blast to those that have never been to 1 lol. If yall are up for it lets all get together & plan it! I live near Bloomfield in Nelson Co (east of Bardstown & south of Louisville).

10. CajunBass

CajunBass New Member

I don't know about the others, but I tried a LC9s today at my LGS. That might be the best trigger I've ever tried on anything. The fact that it was on sale for $250.00 was a bonus.

I'm an old revolver guy, but that thing went on layaway.

11. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

For $250 I would have bought another to put away.

12. CajunBass

CajunBass New Member

I probably should have at that, but I have enough guns I don't shoot as it is.

After I put it on layway, I decided to just go ahead and get it. Picked it up and
    took it to the range yesterday and put about 100 rounds, mixed HP/FMJ ammo through it without a bobble. The trigger is great, the gun shot great.

I had picked up a Galco IWB holster for it, and suddenly I'm in the 21st century for carry guns.

13. Gr8_Outdoorsman

Gr8_Outdoorsman New Member

Since acquiring the lc9s pro most of my other guns have become safe queens. It's just so easy to conceal and go on about your day. Not a single malfunction to date and that trigger is something to experience.

I had the standard lc9 and it never grew on me. I didn't find the trigger horrible, but it was very long and quite heavy. Like the newer model, I never had any failures from it either. I quickly sold it as soon as I got the newer model as I knew I wouldn't be using it any longer.

On a side note, I did put a Talon grip on the new lc9s and really like the extra grippiness it provides. It also adds a bit more bulk to the grip.

14. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

It's a totally under rated pistol with the newer Glock 43 out and the old standbys of S&W and Springfield's selling strong. The only downside with all the recent mass shootings is that the pendulum may quickly swing back to double stacks.

15. CajunBass

CajunBass New Member

I'm pretty much a revolver guy, but I had been thinking about getting something else, so my Colt Cobra could stay in the safe. I'd sort of been looking for something in the used cabinet, but nothing really caught my eye (I almost never buy a NIB gun).

Then a buddy who works at the LGS mentioned that they had these LC9s' on sale for $215.00. I didn't think to much about it, at the time, but over the weekend I got to thinking, if I could get a gun, most any gun, for $215.00, I probably should get one. Went back the next day and nobody knew anything about it (original guy wasn't there), but by now I'm thinking he was talking about the LCP 380, and I'm not really interested in one of those. Couple of days later, he's back and he tells me, no it was the 9mm one, but the sale is over. He then checks with his manager and gets the OK to sell them for $250.00 "if anybody asks".

The regular tag price was $399.00. I probably would not have paid that. There are too many options in the used case at $400.00, but for $250.00 I felt like it was a steal. I was told they only came with one mag, but there were two in the box when I got the gun home. I don't know if my buddy tossed one in, or if they're supposed to come with two, but I got a third one coming from E-bay.

I used to have a Kel-Tec P-11. That was sort of what I had in my mind for this type gun, but the trigger on the LC9s is MUCH better, and it doesn't seem to kick as hard as I remember the P-11 kicking, but I might be fooling myself there. It's probably about the same. The LC9s is much easier to shoot accurately because, no doubt, of the trigger. The P-11 was a 10 (+1) rounder, but it was a double stack so it was thicker in the grip.