Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
405 Posts
Looks nice! Hopefully the cerakote will last longer than the factory finish.
I know what you mean. My LC9 has a horrible case of "slide bluing wear". I've done both Dura-Coat and Cerakote, and they both seem to wear well.
I did the grip frame on my Mark III 22/45, at least 5 years ago, with the idea of testing how it would wear, and it's wearing very well:

·
Registered
157 Posts
I know what you mean. My LC9 has a horrible case of "slide bluing wear". I've done both Dura-Coat and Cerakote, and they both seem to wear well.
I did the grip frame on my Mark III 22/45, at least 5 years ago, with the idea of testing how it would wear, and it's wearing very well:

Very nice. At some point I will get my LC9s along with a few other carry guns refinished. Just haven't done it yet. I was disappointed with how fast the finish started coming off the lc9s. I don't even EDC that pistol very often.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Very nice looking LC9s.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine had the silver coat from the factory. Looked nice when it was new, but after 3 years and a kydex holster it hasn't worn well. The stippling on the grip even shows wear. Was hoping it would have been more durable. Hope yours holds up better.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Mine had the silver coat from the factory. Looked nice when it was new, but after 3 years and a kydex holster it hasn't worn well. The stippling on the grip even shows wear. Was hoping it would have been more durable. Hope yours holds up better.
I like the plain blue finish . I recommend the Hogue Beaver Tail grip sleeve and the XS Sights
DXT Big Dot - Ruger LC9, LC9s, LC380 Tritium Front, Tritium Rear. The Hogue grip tames the stout recoil and the Big Dot makes target acquisition faster for more accurate shot placement on target. With just these two improvements you will have the tactical edge in a defense situation where deadly use of force is necessary . I recommend the Federal 9MM 124 Grain +p HST ammo for everyday carry.

XS Sight Systems, Inc. - DXT Big Dot - Ruger LC9, LC9s, LC380

1 - 10 of 10 Posts