Lc9s or kahr cm9

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by BirchBeer, Jan 27, 2015.

1. BirchBeer

BirchBeer New Member

Which one I heard the lc9s jams a lot and has problems with recoil spring assembly. Want for concealed and house.

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Im going to move your first post /question to Introductions,

and give you the opportunity to introduce yourself, tell all of us a bit about yourself.

I Welcome you to RugerTalk.

Im sure you will get answers to your questions here.

Jim

3. lefty60

lefty60 New Member

Welcome to the forum!

I would buy the Kahr CM9. But then I like the Kahr pistols. I also have a SR9c that I am very fond of.

I have no experience with the LC9s.

4. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

I've not heard anything but positive reviews on the LC9s. Check out Hickok45...

http://youtu.be/Opx_IFm0iQU

I was never a fan of the non-S model because of the crappy trigger, but I'm liking this striker-fired version a lot. It's on my ever-expanding wish list.

I owned a Kahr a few years back. It was a decent gun, but I didn't care for the trigger - smooth, but numb. No detectable break or reset. Sold it to fund my first 1911.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  5. jmohme

jmohme Well-Known Member

Welcome from Texas.

I know absolutely nothing about Kahr firearms, so I have no opinion to give on that subject.

6. BirchBeer

BirchBeer New Member

Hey I joined the forum. I feel cool now. About me, well I like sky diving, eating deer, and dancing. :p I have about 100 different firearms and I like shooting them. I get to the range everyday. I am a hell of a shot. Other things about me...I like to get drunk a lot. Like it's a problem. I go to AA every other day. I am a mess.

7. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Dang.. you are one busy dude.:)

I personally have not heard of problems with the LC9S.

Jim

8. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I was not impressed with Kahr as I often heard of owners having problems with new guns especially before the break in period was reached. I really don't care for any gun that requires a break in period. I am not about to trust my life with one. The Kahr brand usually costs more than a Ruger also. For the money IMO Ruger can't be beat for quality firearms. I haven't read anything on the Ruger LC9S. I did hear many liked the LC9 over say the comparable KelTec PF9. I sold my PF9 because it had totally failed to function with less than 200 rounds. KelTec repaired it but I sold it as soon as it did test fire ok. Any gun with common reported problems is usually not a fluke and I refuse to own a known problem gun. I learned that lesson with the KelTec PF9.

9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the RT !!

10. Nogoat

Nogoat New Member

Welcome from Wisconsin.

Sent from my iPhone using Ruger Forum

11. ifithitu

ifithitu Well-Known Member

12. desertsmith

desertsmith New Member

I like the Lc9s

I bought a new Lc9s yesterday and took it to the range. No failures or mishaps. This is a good shooter and very accurate. I tried the Nano and it didn't work out. This is the first Ruger that I have owned, but have shot several rifles and pistols. So far I am very pleased. I do know that Ruger has a good reputation and backs their products. Good Luck with what ever you chose!

13. GPNP

GPNP GPNP

I've had the LC9s since November and put 300 rds. through it. For me it feels nice in my hand and is comfortable to shoot. Since I am used to hammer fired pistols, it's taken a little adjustment to get used to the new trigger. So far so good. This is a beautiful gun and an ideal size for concealment in a holster on your hip or in a pocket holster. Just my opinion.