Ruger Talk Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Good Day,
With cleaning, don't forget some light lubrication. When shooting, use the hand you feel gives the most trigger control, a two handed grip, and keep both eyes open.
Best,
Rob

·
Registered
6 Posts
With cleaning, yes thanks for reminder, that’s an important one!
And keep both eyes open? I will practice that next time. I wear corrective lenses so it hinders a little but again great info and guidance :) thank you!

·
Registered
6 Posts
This lead me to more videos and how to’s on keeping both eyes open. I really appreciate the postings on this topic. I asked about jamming and got help on that and end up getting way more info than anticipated :) thank you!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have the same problem with the shaky hands, it’s crazy and annoying. But I also have the issue with my EC9s jamming. I ran about 25 rounds in my newly purchased firearm and it jammed. Should I have cleaned before shooting for the first time?
Are you using the 7 or 9 round mags? I bought 2 9 round mags when they came out and I had nothing but trouble with them. I never had problems with the 7 round mags.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I also have the issue with my EC9s jamming. I ran about 25 rounds in my newly purchased firearm and it jammed. Should I have cleaned before shooting for the first time?
I didn't and It was flawless. However, I'll say this about the EC9s. It's a handful. And that's putting it mildly.

So to resolve that, I either carry it with Underwood 90 gr., or Norma 108 gr., or Federal HST 147 gr.
I use the 115 gr. and the 124 gr. as practice rounds. Regardless of brand.

As to mags, I have 2 seven-rounders, 4 eight-rounders, and 2 nine-rounders. All flawless.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts