Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the range the other day and for the life of me I couldn't hit my mark. I got home to clean my fi|ears and the front sight moved to the left an 1/8 of an inch! Is this something I can fix or should I have my Gunsmith take a look? Has anyone come across this problem before? Thank you

·
Registered
551 Posts
I saw a YouTube video about a similar experience. The fellow contacted Ruger and they sent him a new slide with packaging to send the original slide back.

I have no idea how to repair it. I do know that precision placement of the sight could require a sight adjustment tool. I suggest you call Ruger customer service. They are very responsive and helpful. My sights on my LC9s are solidly in place, but there are others who have had the problem.

A gunsmith can probably fix the problem but why pay for it if Ruger can fix it for free?

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I would not even take it to a gunsmith when Ruger will without a doubt fix it for no cost to you.
If you maybe have to send the gun to Ruger their turn around time is usually only a week. Make a call to Ruger should be your first move.

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Free is OK but... Ruger is positively going to want to fix it!
Why?
Because they will be able to find out why and how the sight failed to stay put!
That way they can learn how to make a better, more reliable product.

If you fix it yourself you're not helping Ruger or the next guy that has the same problem.

:GadsdenFlag:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the information you guys gave me I will call them today! Hopefully they won't have it for too long but I will always stand buy Ruger and Mr. Fifer for doing a great job.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you MagnumBlackhawk that makes a lot of sense. They would want to see why it's malfunctioning like that. Very smart thinking. Appreciate your input very much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts