Ruger Talk Forums banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Banned
405 Posts
It easy to do with some of the stunts that Ruger will pull, now and then. The LC9, at least the one I had, was hammer fired with a ton of trigger pull weight. The LC9s, for me, is a real beauty to carry and shoot, and does indeed have a thumb safety, as did the LC9. The LC9 Pro, from my understanding did NOT have a safety, but from what I've read is out-of-production, not sure if it was striker fired though.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I had both my LC9s and my RUGER 57 slides black Cerakoted. The 1st was the LC9s and I noticed the slide seemed to operate more smoothly.
Two days ago I got my 57 back with Cerakoted slide and it too worked more smoothly. So it wasn't my imagination.

I had both slides Cerakoted B/C they tend to rust when carried next to the body or exposed to rain at the range. Problem solved for $125. per slide.
Eric B.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I had both my LC9s and my RUGER 57 slides black Cerakoted. The 1st was the LC9s and I noticed the slide seemed to operate more smoothly.
Two days ago I got my 57 back with Cerakoted slide and it too worked more smoothly. So it wasn't my imagination.

I had both slides Cerakoted B/C they tend to rust when carried next to the body or exposed to rain at the range. Problem solved for $125. per slide.
Eric B.
post a before & after photo.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just curious, is the LC9 s the same as the LC9 pro? I always thought the LC9 s was with a safety. for some reason I seam to be getting confused with all of them.
The LC9 was a hammered fired version that came out first. Then in 2014, the LC9s was released. It retained the manual safety and the magazine safety of the LC9 but was upgraded to a striker-fired instead of a hammer. After Ruger came out with the American series of pistols in 2015 with "pro" versions of that line, they launched the LC9s Pro. The "pro" version is striker-fired and simply deleted the manual and mag safety.

·
Banned
405 Posts
Yah! That dang magazine disconnect is more of a nuisance than anything else. I took it out of my LC9s and I really like it that way:

Also, softened the front edge of the trigger cut-out in the grip frame. Dang edge kept annoying my trigger finger as the trigger was returned:

·
Registered
103 Posts
100% agree. What a stupid 90's hold over Ruger put on their gun. That was the first thing I did when I got my LC9 and LC9s.

·
Banned
405 Posts
Naaa, too much like work.
Yah, it's really hard because of the mental strain required. Probably would cause some folks to sit in their car while it's running with all the garage doors and windows closed, 'cept for those with battery powered cars that scream along at 35 MPH.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts