LC9 trigger... Too long for wife

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by Rtsitler, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Rtsitler

Rtsitler New Member

Looking for some ideas on hat we can do to shorten the trigger on her LC9.
    This is the only negative comments my wife has to say about her gun, hasn't had one single malfunction with over 500 rounds through it.

I imagine there are trigger kits out there, but is it something I can do myself or do I send it over I my local gunsmith?

2. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

3. Rtsitler

Rtsitler New Member

I looked there and I'm not sure what I need.... The Short stroke trigger II?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  4. DrFootball

DrFootball Patriot

Triggers

The Galloway replacements are one way to go. Another is to have a Ruger Certified Armorer ( or at least one who has the AGI coursework for the gun) work on yours, which is what I did. Since he's also become a friend, he showed me how to replace both mag springs as well as internals on a few Rugers.
    After we checked my orig. Guide rod spring a few months back I bought a few springs(#16 is std. I also got a #14, #18, & a#20.)I Wound up putting in the replacement #16 because the higher ones were even stiffer, and the #14 was too mushy...had the Laser Lyte side mount black frame red laser put on, taken off and put back on,..the sights replaced with FO's(red front With orig. Then green rear...) and the 2 9 Rd. Mags as well as 6 std. 7 rds., 4 finger rest and two flat......in almost 2k rds. In almost two years(April of 2012) I have had less then 10 FTF's or FTE's...

5. SweetPea10

SweetPea10 SweetPea10

[FONT=&quot]The Short Stroke II was designed to be used with Galloway’s 35% bar. It’s actually the exact same trigger as the Short Stroke I. Only difference is that SSI is adjustable and SSII is not because adjustments are done by 35% bar. Idea of 35% bar is that is shortens (not lightens) the actual pull itself while the SSI, by itself, can adjust take-up and over-travel, but not actual pull. [/FONT]

6. Rtsitler

Rtsitler New Member

I've been doing a ton of research lately and I have come to the conclusion I need to install the 35% trigger bar for her to shorten the trigger up.

7. kde71450

kde71450 New Member

My SR40C has spoiled me in the trigger department. I shot a friends LC9 and said.. it doesn't feel anything like the SR's.

8. DrFootball

DrFootball Patriot

And according to Ruger reps we spoke to while Covering SHOT, they aren't supposed to feel like SR's.. I personally like the trigger(almost) the way it was out of the box, and now that I had mine "Fine tuned", it feels like it's made for my hand, esp. With the 7 rd. Finger rest and the 9 Rd. Extended. Order one or try and get one at a Gunshow, you won't be Sorry. Last weekend we brought out a few 22's to shoot outside, and the only CF gun there was my LC, so before we split to do some last minute food shopping for The SB that disappointed,...I blew 3 mags of mixed RN, and SD HP's, including a full mag of Fiocchi 92Gr. Expansion SD's..shot the ca-Ca out of a red sandstone rock, and used the last one to hit a reactive polygon target,...knocked it about 10 feet backwards into the rock berm,...and it still re-Sealed itself!