LC9 Pinky Extender

Discussion in 'Ruger Firearms Accessories' started by RugersRock, Aug 25, 2013.

1. RugersRock

RugersRock New Member

Do you use the pinky extender or do you prefer the flat magazine base and why?

Sent from my iPhone using Ruger Forum

2. Blaze

Blaze New Member Lifetime Supporter

I use the pinky extender cause it fits perfect in my hands with it. It really makes a difference for my hands

3. falconbobb

falconbobb New Member

i do not use it because it prints more . i figure im carrying alot more than im shooting.

4. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

I don't use it because (A) It prints more, and (B) More importantly, my gun tends to drop the mag when the extension is on it. I took the extensions off, and voila! No more dropping mags under recoil. Problem solved.

Apparently this is a common problem. I posted a question about it and got a few replies stating that others had this problem too.

5. weblance

weblance New Member

Im exactly like spikedriver. I had problems with the mag dropping with the "pinky extension" I changed to the flat floorplate, and over 800 trouble free rounds, and counting. I like the feel of the flat floor plate now, since Im used to it.

6. refugee

refugee New Member

I like them. makes the weapon easier to grip and shoot. that little snot doesn't print that much but it sure helps me. no problem with the mag drop. my concern is the first 11 shots then I'll worry about the reload. carry two 17's for that. opps! no guns no ammo ---hear that NSA????

7. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Thread moved to Ruger pistol accessories.