LC380s ?

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by colin1230, May 15, 2015.

1. colin1230

colin1230 New Member

Just wondering if anyone has heard any rumors if Ruger will make a striker fired version of the LC380.

Oops!! Wrong forum, please move. Thanks.

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  2. colin1230

colin1230 New Member

Oh come on. The LC9s is such a nice pistol, why not one in 380. My daughters would love it!

3. marcinstl

marcinstl New Member

do you have a 9mm you could let your daughter do some testing with? if yes, let her try some Federal reduced recoil(lower recoil 135gr. hydra shok). just for grins also let her try some sub sonic 9mm ammo, like Fiocchi 158gr. sub sonic (big bullet but slow moving).
    just for example--
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/24...in-hydra-shok-jacketed-hollow-point-box-of-20
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/29...58-grain-full-metal-jacket-subsonic-box-of-50
    (I've met some women at the range who got talked into buying a .40 and they hate it. I tell them it's time to move up to a real gun and loan them my .45acp, P-90. they all say they hate the .40 "flip", but the .45 "push" isn't bad. heavy gun, heavy, slow bullet = nice shooter. I've watched one women blow a small hole in the 10 ring with an SP101 shooting 38spl. , she says she likes a revolver because she doesn't break her nails trying to load "the stupid magazine". )

4. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I had a Glock G27 which is a 40 and a guy from work bought it from me for his wife to carry and shoot. She was a petite woman and she could only shoot it a few times before it hurt her hand.
    My Ruger SR40c handled the recoil much better than the G27 or the Springer xdm40c. I only kept the SR40c. A friend of mine came over and shot my SR40c and he has a SR9c. He was surprised the 40 wasn't a big difference at all to him.
    I watch these women shooting the LCP380 and I think I will just stick with my 40. I can shoot a 100 rounds from my SR40c with no discomfort. I know I could not do that with an LCP. To much recoil for me. IMO even the LC9s is worse than shooting my 40.

5. marcinstl

marcinstl New Member

LCR(13.5oz.) vs SP101(26oz.). at almost half the weight the LCRx is easier to carry. at almost twice the weight the SP101(.38spl) is a joy to shoot. got to laugh, when I started with legal CCW(got my permit), I shopped for the lightest, smallest, big caliber gun and ended up with a Kahr CW45. looked good on paper, bear to shoot. quickly went to a CW9. several more guns latter, I'm now carrying a S&W model 36 and a Kel-Tec P-32 (I like the 2 gun idea). sometimes I'll carry a P series Ruger(P-90 or P-89), sometimes I'll carry my Ruger Single Seven(4 5/8" barrel)- big guns work in the winter.
    when I go shooting, I always roll the target out to 3yds. and "hip shoot" my carry guns. once I'm happy with that, then I roll the target out to 7 and then 12 yards for some "target shooting". practicing hip shooting or gun out in front "point shooting" is what defensive shooting is all about-- never take your eyes off of the target, don't waste time on sights. zoom the eyes in on the target, let hand/eye coordination point the gun, press the trigger. people that try this are always amazed at how much "athletic ability" they didn't know they have. if your totally missing the target, slow it way down. finger never goes on the trigger until the gun is on target. be safe.

6. TheColtClone

TheColtClone New Member

It would be nice in 22 for my son he loves to shoot rats

7. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

It's a good platform that should be developed in several calibers. What are they waiting on?