Lc380

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by Bud33, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Bud33

Bud33 New Member

It's been a long time since I've seen any posts about the lc380. Does this mean there are no problems or that ya"all have given up?????
    I've have sent mine back twice and it still is terribly finicky about what it will feed and what it won't. I still believe that a new magazine made specifically for the 380 round is the answer!
    If anyone knows of such an animal,please let me know.
    I like to shoot the 380 but can not bring myself to carry it.

2. RogerRuger

RogerRuger Member

I love my LC380. Put the Ruger ARX 380 in and it's like shooting the SR22. No flip and nail the bullseye in all 8 rounds very quickly. I usually have it under the steering wheel. Just awesome! Great gun for me

3. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

I changed the guide rod (SS) and spring (Wolffe) in my LCP and it shoots anything. You may want to consider those mods.

4. Bud33

Bud33 New Member

I was referring to the LC380!

5. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

Yes I know, but the principles are the same. I also have an LC9 that shoots anything. Change those parts and try different ammo. 380s can be finicky.

6. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Wow! I haven't heard the LCP380 is a finicky gun. Only thing negative I ever heard was about the kick was beyond making it a fun range gun to even practice much with.
    I think there is such an increase in pocket guns of bigger calibers that the 380 is being replaced more often now.
    Well duh! The LC380 isn't the lcp380. Seems it is on the likes of the lc9 size. I guess I never paid much attention to any 380 guns since I sold mine.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  7. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

Mine was finicky with Italian ammo. Now it shoots anything and prefers dirty Tula ball, but still leaves a blister after extended range time.

8. RogerRuger

RogerRuger Member

Wife told me today she is trading her LCR for my LC380 as her carry gun. She shot it with the ARX Ruger Ammo last week. With my customized LC380 and ARX Ammo it is a sweet shooter. ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1453492510.392138.jpg

9. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Nice! She should be happy with it!

10. Ernesto

Ernesto In the army now..

Wish they had a striker fire for them. I was watching a utube video some young man did on the ability of different ammo to penetrate bullet proof glass and that gel stuff. Out of several high powered rifles and pistola calibers; guess what penetrated further?

11. Bud33

Bud33 New Member

My troubles are over. I finally got rid of that POS :D I traded it for a S&W M&P Body Guard. Took it to the range today and put 36 rounds downrange without a bit of trouble. 3 different types of ammo which would not feed in the Ruger.
    I am now almost Ruger free. I still have a 22/45 which I do like and it is trouble free!

Attached Files:

12. gunslinger669

gunslinger669 Active Member

Nice. Just so happy for you, thanks for sharing.

13. Ernesto

Ernesto In the army now..

It's always the guns fault and not the shooter. LOL