Ruger Talk Forums banner

Lc380

6K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  MrsBob 
#1 ·
I finally found one for sale and now it is just a waiting game, as always, in NY State. My last gun took two months to get added on my permit

#3 ·
I love the sights on the LC380, but I've decided to stick to the P3AT (had it before the LCP came out, and never got around to switching) because I really like the smaller size. I wish they'd put some good sights on the LCP and that would make my decision to buy the LCP so much easier :eek:

#4 ·
Congrats....the LCP is a great carry gun....

#6 ·
I have the LCP and agree it is a great carry pocket pistol. For what it is, I love it. I think the gun is not a range gun and the sights are adequate to the task. The LC9 is more accurate and am hoping the LC380 will bridge the gap. I did a trigger job on the LC9 and I assume the LC380 will need one too.

#10 ·
Is the LC380 out yet? I was told it wouldn't be out til march.
There are 9 of them listed on gunbroker right now, most of them look like they are not actually in stock because they are just using Ruger's photos, but there is at least one on there that has pictures of one that appears to be an in stock pistol.

#12 ·
I love the sights on the LC380, but I've decided to stick to the P3AT (had it before the LCP came out, and never got around to switching) because I really like the smaller size. I wish they'd put some good sights on the LCP and that would make my decision to buy the LCP so much easier :eek:
I found the sights on the LCP were not user friendly to my 68 yr old eyes. Put a CT laser on it = problem solved.

#17 ·
I hope the trigger is a little better on the LC380 because the LCP is not really that great.
I assume the trigger on the LC380 will be exactly like the LC9 that its based on. One of the most common complaints about the LC9 is the long trigger pull. Anyone who is familiar with a double action revolver, will recognize the long pull of the LC9. That being said, there are aftermarket improvement parts from Galloway Precision that get very good comments from those who have chosen to mod their LC9s with these parts. Again, I assume, the LC380 will be able to be modified with these same parts

#18 ·
Ruger fan

I own the Ruger LCP and on that, the trigger is acceptable for what it is. I bought the LC9 and was immediately unhappy with the long heavy trigger pull. I got it fixed with a trigger job and now it is OK. If the LC380 is like the LC9, I will spend the cash to get that trigger redone as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.