Ruger Talk Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum. I just purchased a LC 380. Took it to the range and it was consistently failing to feed the last bullet in the magazine. I am using Georgia Arms ammo. Is this a break in problem, QC or ammo? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Usually this is a magazine problem. Do you have more than one magazine? Does it do the same thing with other magazines?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I only have the one magazine. Would you recommend me purchasing another Ruger magazine or an aftermarket magazine?

·
Registered
609 Posts
I have a S&W shield and one of my magazines was very hard to load. After disassembly of the magazine I found the spring had folded over on itself. Be cheap I straightened it out and now it works just fine.
That being said I do not own a hand gun without at least one spare magazine. Is this the only gun you own? Was it a used gun when you acquired it? A good cleaning may be all thats required.
One note of caution, I would take it to a good gun smith before adjusting or trying to adjust the lips on the magazine. If you determine the magazine is the problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a S&W shield and one of my magazines was very hard to load. After disassembly of the magazine I found the spring had folded over on itself. Be cheap I straightened it out and now it works just fine.
That being said I do not own a hand gun without at least one spare magazine. Is this the only gun you own? Was it a used gun when you acquired it? A good cleaning may be all thats required.
One note of caution, I would take it to a good gun smith before adjusting or trying to adjust the lips on the magazine. If you determine the magazine is the problem.
It is a new gun, I'm going to give it a good cleaning and then take a look at the magazine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts