Featured Latest mods for my 10/22

Discussion in 'Ruger 10/22' started by MDS, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Carl Crosby

Carl Crosby Member

SEEK HELP IMMEDIATELY!:D:p

BLACK RIFLE REVIEWS likes this.
  2. Carl Crosby

Carl Crosby Member

I bought my 10-22 in 2010. I had always wanted a DSP. One thing about a 10-22...you can do as much or as little as you like to it, and it will be greatly satisfactory. :)The first thing I did was improve the trigger pull, which could lift my ~ 6 lb puppy off the floor by his harness. He thought it was great fun. I replaced the regular hammer with (I think) a Volquartsen Target Hammer, which lowered the pull to 2 3/4 lbs. While it was all apart, in the True Spirit of Never Leaving Well-Enough Alone,:rolleyes: I added a bolt buffer, and modified the bolt release, smoothed the inside of the receiver, lightly polished some internal parts and radiused the bolt like a post on Rimfire Central showed. A whetstone for flat, 200 grit wet or dry abrasive to start, then polish with 400 grit and oil, and it will feed everything from subsonic to Velocitor. I didn't radius it as radically as the article suggested. I added a skeletonized, larger bolt handle, because my large hands find it more comfortable. Once it was back together it has had Weaver Rimfire Classic scopes.... a 4X and the 2.5 -7X28 on it, which have been excellent. Happy, thank you!:)

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
    rugertoter likes this.

3. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

Like to see some pictures of that little carbine.

4. BLACK RIFLE REVIEWS

BLACK RIFLE REVIEWS New Member

Looks good Marine Welcome Home Brother I like the Iron sights you put on it, the Ruger 10 /22 has come a long way since 1964 when it first hit the market, I was 12 years old then and they were about 55 dollars back then I had saved my money up Cutting Grass, Picking Apples, Bailing Hay and I purchased one, In fact, I killed my first Deer with it delivering a single headshot between his eyes at about 30 yards he dropped like a stone, back then you could hunt with a rimfire there was no game law that said you could not use rim fire These laws vary from state to state, I still use the .22 LR 10/22 to kill Feral Hogs & Coyotes in my Eradication Business as well as other firearms and calibers but I have put down very Large Feral Hogs & Wild Boar with a single shot to the head at ranges from 30 - 75 Yards it's my favorite cartridge for dispatching them in a trap I use an old Ruger Standard .22 Pistol and it also puts them down without a problem its not the caliber of the gun its placing the shot in the right place. My friend Brian Quacka AKA Pig Man killed a Feral Hog with a Gamo pellet rifle .

5. BLACK RIFLE REVIEWS

I have several 10/22 rifles and I have just purchased a Fab Defense Stock M4 Pro R10 /22 for the Standard Barrel, a Ruger BX Trigger and topped it off with a Primary Arms Classic Series 1-4x24mm SFP Rifle Scope with Illuminated Duplex Dot I had on old 30mm scope ring mount for an AR-15 to get above the front sight so its a little high sitting on the 10/22 rail mount that comes with the FAB Defense Stock. I wanted a 10/22 I could use in low light conditions around a Feeding Bait Station for Feral Hogs about 50 yards from a ladder stand the feeding area is surrounded by green motion censored lights called Kill Lights when a Pig enters the Kill Zone the green light silhouettes them and you just place the red dot in the center of the cross-hair on the pigs head and fire if you are quick you can make several Hits on the pigs skulls and score more than one pig . But if you use a nonlighted cross-hair in low light the black crosshair can't be seen on a Black Pigs Head I do have a 10 / 22 with night vision and use it also but have had more success with the Kill Lights mounted on 5' metal fence posts . No battery problems either as the light are solar charged. But this new 10/22 looks promising I have already killed 10 Pigs in the past 3 weeks only going out about twice a week to sit in the stand. I took ( 9 ) 200 pounds Larger Boar & ( 1 ) small sow about 80 pounds she was field dressed and was taken to the processor, the boar went to the Ditch for the buzzards and coyotes to eat . Does Anyone here hunt large dangerous game like the Feral Pigs, Gators, Coyotes with a Ruger 10/22? Lite, Accurate, Dependable, Low Recoil allows for quick engagement and sight picture of other Animals in the Kill Zone.

6. BLACK RIFLE REVIEWS

I want one of these 10/22 Charger pistols but they are sold out everywhere I go .

7. BLACK RIFLE REVIEWS

Nope, nothing wrong with that I still have the 1964 mdl. I purchased for 55 bucks when I was 12 years old. It still shoots well when my Grandson turns 12 it will be his but I think I will put a new barrel on it for him. That one has a Blue Million Rounds thru it. But it has been stripped down and thoroughly cleaned of all carbon and lead deposits I have found that Mercury removes lead from barrels fowled with lead. stopper one end of the barrel fill with mercury in a syringe stopper the other end wear rubber gloves let it sit for 24 hours pour mercury into a jar then strain lead from the mercury into another jar put a lid on it mark it as hazardous waste and dispose of it at a recycling center tell them it contains mercury and they will dispose of it for you.

8. BLACK RIFLE REVIEWS

Attached Files: