Featured Latest mods for my 10/22

Discussion in 'Ruger 10/22' started by MDS, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Carl Crosby

Carl Crosby Member

SEEK HELP IMMEDIATELY!:D:p

2. Carl Crosby

Carl Crosby Member

I bought my 10-22 in 2010. I had always wanted a DSP. One thing about a 10-22...you can do as much or as little as you like to it, and it will be greatly satisfactory. :)The first thing I did was improve the trigger pull, which could lift my ~ 6 lb puppy off the floor by his harness. He thought it was great fun. I replaced the regular hammer with (I think) a Volquartsen Target Hammer, which lowered the pull to 2 3/4 lbs. While it was all apart, in the True Spirit of Never Leaving Well-Enough Alone,:rolleyes: I added a bolt buffer, and modified the bolt release, smoothed the inside of the receiver, lightly polished some internal parts and radiused the bolt like a post on Rimfire Central showed. A whetstone for flat, 200 grit wet or dry abrasive to start, then polish with 400 grit and oil, and it will feed everything from subsonic to Velocitor. I didn't radius it as radically as the article suggested. I added a skeletonized, larger bolt handle, because my large hands find it more comfortable. Once it was back together it has had Weaver Rimfire Classic scopes.... a 4X and the 2.5 -7X28 on it, which have been excellent. Happy, thank you!:)

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
    rugertoter likes this.

3. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

Like to see some pictures of that little carbine.