Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my new kydex IWB holsters for my Mod2 and Ruger SR9c.
Never had these before.
I notice rubbing marks where the slide gets in contact with the hard kydex.
Is it me or will this be an issue down the road with a scratched and marked up slide with normal wear and tear using the kydex holsters?

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
That's normal for carry guns. If the Kydex is wearing in a spot you don't think it should for retention purposes you can remold it with a hair drier.
Remember that good retention is a must so don't adjust it to much.
Never carry a gun that you want to stay pretty ;) Oil and clean often. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's normal for carry guns. If the Kydex is wearing in a spot you don't think it should for retention purposes you can remold it with a hair drier.
Remember that good retention is a must so don't adjust it to much.
Never carry a gun that you want to stay pretty ;) Oil and clean often. :)
Thanks, and now I understand!

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
I always shed a tear when I start carrying a new firearm ;)
I always think about wear and tear when I'm thinking about buying a carry pistol. :) I at least look at ease of re-blueing or coatings. :)

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Good luck with it. :) If you carry regularly your gun WILL get wear marks no matter what holster its in. Fabric, leather or kydex makes no difference. Both will wear on the finish. It's all part of it. :D
Practice your draw and re-holster A LOT! Remember not to have your off hand in the way when you re-holster holding the snap open.
In a close contact attack (most common attack) you have to unsnap that holster and draw. So be sure to practice that as you would in a real situation. Also be careful as the retention is none in that style holster without the snap closed. :)
Good luck! Glad you found something you like.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hhmmm, something to think about DoubleR, thx!

How about me inventing a kydex holster with some sort of scuff-wear proof interior? LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Or I could just stay home and never go out? LOL

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Lol! Just want you to think it through. That's all. :)
If you invent it I want in on it! Lol! I'm sure you'd be a millionaire in no time!

·
Registered
175 Posts
My first kydex...went to the dollar store and got some moleskin stick on patches...cut them for an area that was rubbing....been there for 2yrs...worked for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts