Ruger Talk Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
RR, I watched the video you posted. Looks like there is a lot of equipment involved. What equipment would you say is absolutely necessary?

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Watching the video above I saw another video on the side that looked like something to try also.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muYSfa8CKQE[/ame]

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
RR, I watched the video you posted. Looks like there is a lot of equipment involved. What equipment would you say is absolutely necessary?

Temp gun
Toaster oven
Heat gun
Box cutter to cut the kydex.
We went with the wood (had it laying around), foam (knifekits.com) and harbor freight clamps he talks about in the video.
We use a vise and rivet die/press in the vise.
We already have a dremel tool and grinding/wire wheel. So we put cutting wheels on the dremel to cut large pieces of kydex off the molded holster and the grinder for the edges. Little bit of sand paper to make things soft and rounded.
Off the top of my head that's about it. I'll add if I think of anything else.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
Watching the video above I saw another video on the side that looked like something to try also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muYSfa8CKQE

I keep trying to watch this video but it just crashes my app and closes me out.

Edit: found it on you tube. Good idea I guess. Lol! I'll stick with lighter, thinner more giving kydex. Especially for daily carry options.
Having said that we may have to try it just for fun!

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
For some reason it timed out on me but I figured it was just temporary glitch from my putting it in the reply. The video worked this time I opened it.
It seemed very easy to make a holster using the thin PVC. He is using drainage pvc which is much thinner than say schedule 40 pvc.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
You can get it from quite a few places.
Knifekits.com has good kydex. Several different thicknesses and lots of colors/designs to choose from.
Also Amazon sells some kydex. I'm pretty sure the black were using on the above glock OWB is the kydex we bought from Amazon to try.
There are quite a few places online to get it.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts