After a few months of searching, I found a Ruger American Predator .204 in March at a gun show. Reasons for the Predator was reports of good accuracy at an inexpensive price. I needed a walk-around predator rifle, and all my other rifles are heavy caliber or varmint rifles weighing over ten pounds, even my heavy barreled T/C Tac20. Got a box of loaded Hornady 40gr Vmax, then proceeded to load up four different hand loads and went to the range. The best of five loads only got a 1 1/4" five shot group, the worst being about three inches. This was done using a proven scope. The factory goo had been meticulously cleaned out of the bore. At first, I just chalked it up to a new, rough barrel. But back home, when the cases could be inspected in different light, a couple of marks half way around the radius had the appearance of case head separation. They were bad enough that a finger nail could be caught on them. Looking into the chamber through the magazine port (stock removed) I could see one of the gouge/ridges in the chamber. It appeared something got caught on a reamer and gouged the chamber wall. It was hard to explain that to the guy at CS who didn't even know what a reamer is used for, but he finally said to return it, and that it would probably take around four weeks........it came back in just two weeks. The work order stated that the barrel had been replaced. I found that hard to believe, so after cleaning, I shot it once before setting up with the scope. They had indeed replaced the barrel. Before reloading brass from the first barrel, I decided to see if they would fit in the new......NO GO! They won't even size in the Forster full length die. Measured them at the shoulder and they average .007 more than the spent case from the new chamber! The original chamber had more problems than realized. I'm hoping this new barrel proves to be much more accurate than the original. Haven't had the opportunity to get to the range yet. But thank-you to Ruger. They did what any company should do to make things right!