Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
Anybody heard/has experience with Kimber's first wheel gun? I know Grant Cunningham was involved with it. Looks pretty cool though I haven't had a chance to handle one.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
The looks are filled with yea and nay but IMO it looks smooth and sexy. The range reports are good on it. I think the Kimber name is a big part of the cost of it, which I think is not very competitive priced. I will stay with my LCR 357. To each his own.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The looks are filled with yea and nay but IMO it looks smooth and sexy. The range reports are good on it. I think the Kimber name is a big part of the cost of it, which I think is not very competitive priced. I will stay with my LCR 357. To each his own.

You have to admit that the LCR is ugly as sin though

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
You have to admit that the LCR is ugly as sin though
Sorry but I don't agree the LCR is ugly. I have seen ugly guns before and the LCR IMO isn't in that crowd.

I have seen ugly before and like they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. One man's trash is another man's treasure. There is the beauty of a rose but still its' foundation has thorns. So don't be fooled by beauty alone. Some you just take out at night for pizza but when you have her home she outshines the beauty with the thorns. The beauty within often outshines the outer illusion.
Gee I am so deep. I am not going to say deep in what. LOL

·
Registered
436 Posts
Remember kids, looks are an essential part of a carry gun. ;)

As for the K6....not one for snubbed persay, and just can't warm up to the styling like I can a SP101 (I like robust and curvy) ;) For the price, this Kimber best be offering up something besides it's name to bring up to and past that offered by S&W's short bbl revolvers.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like the looks of the k6. It's supposed to have a better trigger, better sights, and better grips that the S&W J-frame. Because let's face the truth, those features on the J-frame absolutely SUCK. J-frames are so hard to shoot!

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I agree often J frames triggers suck but try the LCR and you will love it. Smooth no grit and light even very controllable pull.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I'm coming around to the LCR. Still don't think it's pretty but it's growing on me! How's the recoil with .357?

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Well it is a handful but it is definitely manageable. I wouldn't care to shoot a box 357 magnums but it could be done. The way the LCR is built the frame somewhat tames the magnum recoil. Shooting .38 special in the LCR is not bad. I bought the .357 version because I wanted the tad bit heavier built frame.
I had an SP101 .327 magnum 3" that with the stock grips was WAY WORSE than the stock LCR. I sold the SP101 for various reasons and haven't regretted it. The stock trigger on the LCR puts the SP stock trigger to shame IMO. Changing the SP101 stock grips to the Hogue tamers really made a big difference. If I had bought the SP101 in .357 and had a trigger job done on it then I might have kept it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts