Keltek sub 2000 factory flub

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by tsveggie, Sep 7, 2019.

1. tsveggie

tsveggie Member

I’ve not found this issue addressed even on YouTube

There is a post on top of the front sight set at factory not to be adjusted

Well, I adjusted it

Now I need advice to reset it

Don’t want to send back
    Any suggestions???

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Do you remember how far you moved it? I am guessing not.

3. tsveggie

tsveggie Member

No but I’m sure enough that adjusting the real two front sight screws aren’t cooperating

4. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Give Kel-Tec a call. I am sure they will guide you in what to do.

5. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

I would assume you had to move it cause the rear sight had no more adjustment to get the gun to zero?

Your best chance would be to establish a point of reference. First set the rear sight to midpoint of it's adjustment visually. Then fire a round at the target. If your bullet strike is low of center, you will have to lower the front sight to get it to zero. If your bullet strike is above the point of aim, you will have to raise the front sight to get the gun to zero.

It ia hard to do on front sights that are only drift adjustable or those that need a ''push'' tool to get them to move. I had an S2K years ago and I never had to move the front sight on it. Ther front sight looked and felt cheap to me. Anyway move it a little at a time. Too much and you will go past the zero and have to come back. The rer sight cn be used for fine adjustments once you are close. Just remember the rear sight moves int he opposite direction to the bullet stike.

If you moved the whole shight base, the same principle applies for moving the front sight if the base has set screws. Just loosen them a little after a reference shot. Then move the whole sigght assembly in the direction of the bullet strike and tighten the set screws.

A front sight with set scews on the base has to be shifted on the barrel left to right for windage especially if the rear sight does not have enough adjustment to get the gun to zero. Best to start with the rear sight at the midpoint of it's travel from either side and then fire a referene shot. Then loosen and move the front sight base. Often get used guns at shows that have front sights with bases tghat are out of line, canted, etc. Sometimes by the owners who dropped them and moved the front sights outta line with the bore.

It can be a real PITA with a gun like an AK. You have to dive out the steel pins outta the sight and barrel. Then heat the sight up and drive it off the barrel. Hopefully without too much damage. Then straighten the canted sight as best as you can, move the pin gooves in the barrel over a bit and set it with eposxy after opening the hole in the sight with a file. Then epoxy the pins in place so they will not shift under recoil

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019