Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been looking at the Kel Tec PMR 30 after seeing a new one in a pawn shop. I thought since it was a magnum 22 that it could only use 22 magnum ammo which was why I wasn't to interested in the gun. The guy at pawn shop said it can also use regular 22lr. Is that true? I really like the 30 round magazine capacity versus 10 round standard mags most 22lr pistols have. I am suspicious the gun can function with regular 22lr. I am not finding anywhere saying it can use 22lr.

I also thought the gun was hard to find and there was a waiting list but I am seeing a bunch for sale on GB and for around $430. I also thought these guns cost a lot more than that.

I was wondering if anyone here has one of these guns and what your thoughts and review of it are?
From what I have read the newer model guns are not having problems the original models had.

·
Registered
992 Posts
No way would .22lr cycle it. And I've never heard of a gun that would shoot both except revolver with interchangeable cylinders...sounds like the salesman had a PhD in BS.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes I thought the same thing. He said the way the magazine was made it could feed 22lr also. I figured he was full of dirty powder.

BTW The pawn shop price was close to $150 higher than I see them for on GB. I think the only way this pawn shop sells guns is to people that don't have any idea what guns cost. Maybe they took a class from Gander on how to price guns. I have seen beater used guns that were priced more than double what they were worth. Yeah I know pawn shops dicker on prices but come on get real.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Buster , I've been a member over at a sister forum KTOG. for many years, and Host a KTOG shoot at my place every year.
I do not own a PMR 30.

I assure you that it will not, can not cycle and fire 22LR.

I will own one one of these days, because I really like the 22 wmr round.

I have shot many PMR 30 pistols.

Haven't shot one yet that didn't have a failure of some type.

Theye say they have much improved them now.

I have seen them NEW , at LGSs for around $350.

I will buy one , when I just run out ofv other guns on my list.

I do like the gun , its great fun to shoot and very accurate. LOUD too.:)

Jim

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I figure it would be an expensive gun to shoot because the ammo isn't cheap and 30 rounds would go real quick. Supposedly the new guns are much better than the old ones.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Nope, only 22 magnum

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess his had a new fan dangled magazine designed to feed the 22lr as well as the 22 mag. Sure it did.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
I figure it would be an expensive gun to shoot because the ammo isn't cheap and 30 rounds would go real quick. Supposedly the new guns are much better than the old ones.
Hey, you gotta be right, Buster. The Single Six Convertible is a good way to slow consumption down. Even my Bounty Hunter is 25% faster.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts