Keep the SR9C or G43

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by mouse9mm, Nov 22, 2015.

1. mouse9mm

mouse9mm New Member

I have to let one pistol go (sell).

I have 6 guns: SR9C, LCPcustom. LC9S, Springfield Mod2 9mm, Springfield XDS FDE, Glock G43

6 is too many for my safe, and I dont really need 6 to be honest.
    Originally I thought I would sell my SR9C, but part of me tells me to keep it and let my new G43 go. Honest opinion, the G43 doesnt do anything special compared to any other pistol I have, and honest, the SR9C shoots better in my hands, and looks better?

Am I making the right choice?

2. hodge

hodge New Member

It is a personal choice, obviously. Ultimately, a gun that isn't as comfortable in your hand, or that you don't shoot well (or as well), isn't the keeper. Keep what feels the best, what you shoot the best, and what's reliable.
    I also consider what my wife and daughters are comfortable with. If I were to get rid of a gun, I would take them into consideration. Keeping a gun that they don't shoot well may be a regret in the future. Same thing with getting rid of a gun that they prefer and/or shoot well.

3. gunslinger669

gunslinger669 Active Member

4. mouse9mm

mouse9mm New Member

Never thought about this, THANKS

5. mouse9mm

mouse9mm New Member

LOL, good answer!

6. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

I would sell the SR9C if I had to sell one of them.

7. mouse9mm

mouse9mm New Member

It would be tough to let the SR9C go.....its like part of family, LOL
    But it is the older of the bunch...

Do you think Ruger will update the SR9C soon for a newer updated subcompact 9mm? or keep it going for many years to come and just ride the LC9S to newer models in the future?

8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

My 2 cents...

I would still get a bigger safe...

Any gun you sell will be sold at a loss...(less than you paid...and will cost more to replace).

9. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Personally I would rid myself of the Glock. I had a couple of them and was never comfortable with a Glock. I offed them and went to the Ruger SR1911 platform, bought all 3 and never regretted it one bit. MHO!

Tommy

10. single5

single5 New Member

You could also buy one of the mini vaults with the steel cable for about $20 bucks and make one a permanent home in your vehicle. I sold a gun once. I still regret it. It wasn't anything special but, it was paid for and wasn't costing me any additional money! :mad:

11. TeleGuy53

TeleGuy53 Member

Any choice you make will be the right choice for YOU - and that's the only opinion that counts!

12. refugee

refugee New Member

I rarely sell one. sometimes I gift one to one of my adult children, and then usually replace it. the one time I did sell a pistol, I ended up regretting it down the road. were I to decide to unload one in any way, I would ask myself which one REALLY did not fit my needs, and act on that. no one else gets to offer an opinion, just my decision, and I do not make the decision abruptly. it comes with patient thought.
    currently I am purchasing 30 round AK mags, already own many 30 round AR mags, but with the current climate in DC, these may be worth their weight in gold soon. I will not sell them either. after all is said and done, I find it best to anticipate these fools on the JV team we have running our government.
    my advice would be keep everything firearm and firearm related, invest in more.

13. Timbermart

Timbermart New Member

I vote for the bigger safe

14. mouse9mm

mouse9mm New Member

Update - I haven't gotten rid of any of my pistols, I just cant seem to do it, LOLLLLLLLL

15. single5

single5 New Member

16. DrDenby

DrDenby New Member

If I were to HAVE to get rid of one, I would ditch the Glock as well.

I have shot Glocks. The 43 is a fine gun. The SR9C is just a better gun for me. It isn't like it puts the G43 to shame, it's just better.

Doc

17. jmohme

jmohme Well-Known Member

I do not own a G43, but I do have a G19. I also have the SR9c.
    I took them both to the range last week and burned through a couple boxes of ammo.
    I like both, I am far more accurate with the Glock. My wife on the other hand is comfortable with the SR9c and shoots it well, so I won't be letting go of either.

It all boils down to what you are most comfortable and consistent with. Nobody here can tell you that other than yourself.