Justice Scalia dead.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by buster40c, Feb 13, 2016.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Supreme Court justice Antonin Scalia was found dead in his room at a Texas ranch this morning. Scalia had been pro gun but may lately have made some turning on gun control legislation.
    This could be bad news for gun owners if he is replaced with a pro gun control advocate. From what I have heard the Supreme Court teetered on gun issues the way it was before Scalia died.
    Let's hope the Supreme Court doesn't get loaded with another liberal.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  2. threetango

threetango Special Dance Instructor

I would almost bet that a gun control liberal will be appointed.
    I sure hope I'm wrong. :rolleyes:

3. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Condolences to the family.
    Something like this happening has been my fear for the last seven years.

4. buster40c

The article comments about his death are loaded with belief he didn't die of natural causes. Any way we look at it I bet it has a bad outcome for this country. The last two Obama nominees should never have gotten seats but there they both are.

5. lngrngshtr

lngrngshtr New Member

If I read this correctly, there is little chance that present legislative branch will ratify any appointment by currant president. Hopefully someday we will get favorable treatment by all.

6. threetango

When you are dealing with Obama, all bets are off.

Obama might nominate somebody, but the odds of that vacancy being filled before next year approach zero," Levinson said. "The Republican Party won’t accept anybody who would be nominated by Obama." "They’re going to have to get used to being an eight-person court for at least the next year," he added.

http://www.texastribune.org/2016/02/13/us-supreme-court-justice-antonin-scalia-found-dead/

7. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Sorry to his family for the loss..

Now we will see just how much backbone the Republican congress, House and Senate, has.....something they been missing for a long time.

Jim

8. buster40c

Hate to say it but I wouldn't bet on any actions to stop Obama now. They have the power but they have yet to use it against Obama. If they don't use their power now then we can just forget it.

9. Ernesto

Ernesto In the army now..

I'm certain Obama had something to do with his expiration. Rumors have it the ranch was a whore house.

10. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

R.I.P. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia !!

Another 2nd Amendment Conservative like you will be hard to find...

11. buster40c

A cat house eh? So he might have died with a smile on his face?

12. threetango

13. buster40c

Obama only has about 11+ months to go and the SCOTUS recently has been a thorn in his pocket that has got to be aggravating the snot out of him. One way to take care of that thorn is to prune the heavily thorn limbs. Nah! Obama wouldn't have someone killed now would he?
    Hail to king Obama. If he has his way.
    Check out our presidents that were assassinated and then ask yourself if the thorny bushes get culled out?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  14. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I truly believe that America has lost 1 of it's finest people with his passing. Nino was not a conservative nor a radical and he read the Constitution as he felt it was written. He had a great way with words whether he differed with you and your thoughts. The best part of his character is you know where he stood at all times. He was not reluctant to mince words but in an elegant way. He felt the Constitution was a legal document that our forefathers had left to us and he tried to interpret it as the forefathers had written it. He believed in the American way of life and tried to base his decisions not on politics but as they should have been interpreted. Lame Brain is going to try to nominate someone right away and with his far left radical thinking. The Republicans want to stall til the end of his presidency which they should. Personally I feel Trey Gowdy would be a good nomination, but what do I know and we all know that Lame Brain will NOT nominate him. God help us all if Hildebeast gets the POTUS office as she will certainly nominate Lame Brain as a nominee and the sheople will follow her in the nomination. This is just my humble opinion and a rant from a tired old man who is tired of the shenanigans that have been done over the last 7 years plus the lawlessness I have witnessed from the present POTUS. He is a man who has no regard but for himself and shows how self serving he really is by his constant actions that defy Congress and the Constitution. Americans deserve much better than this!!! I pray for Judge Scalia's family and hope that they will be able to state how great a man the judge was and may his legacy, not Lame Brain's live on.

Tommy

15. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Scalia's replacement will be chosen by the next president. I would celebrate if that person is an intelligent independent centrist. I think I'll have to find something else to celebrate.

16. buster40c

We are going to be in a world of hurt if the other old justices kick the bucket. I am afraid what new blood would mean on the SCOTUS. Very possibly our blood?

17. threetango

Watch out.
    Obama has said that he wants to appoint Loretta Lynch.

18. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Well, everybody wanted a first black president(that worked out great)....why not a first black supreme court justice...I think she will fit right in.

Kiss a bunch of the Constitutional amendments goodbye.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jim

19. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

By the prevailing standards for determining 'blackness', that bridge has been crossed.