Ruger Talk Forums banner
341 - 360 of 383 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Just bought 5 federal bulk packs of 550 for $19.84 at walmart
That's as "cheap" as I have seen them in ... years!

·
Registered
104 Posts
My wife and I went to Wally World about two weeks ago and we bought the same deal a 550 pack for under $20. The last time it was that low here I bought three 330 packs for about $55. So right now it's actually lower here than then. Gotta love it. :eek:

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Went to the LGS today and bought 500 .22 Super Extra / Long Rifle High Velocity Copper-Plated Solid Point for $0.128 per round. Believe it or not, that is a pretty good local price in my part of the Commonwealth.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
One of the good things about southeast MA is there are several good, local gun shops near me. Today I went to another one and got a Winchester 555 pack for $0.072 per round.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yeah, they're running at $.05 at Wally World here. 550 rounds at $27.54. Local stores usually match that, the big box stores don't.

·
Registered
101 Posts
It's getting more plentiful around here, but a great variety can be had on line. I checked SG Ammo.com, and they have plenty!, but, you do have to pay shipping. Nevertheless, if they have what you want, and nobody local has, where's the harm?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Just found some Remington Golden Bullets for 15.00 a box of 550. I just didn't need them, but it was nice to see.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Actually it was a gun shop, which surprised me more. A 550 bulk pack. They had 1/2 dozen boxes. Not a sale. I suppose I should have picked up a couple, but I'm still nursing my stores from the great obama rimfire depression.

Reactions: spikedriver

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I was in Wally's the other day and I of course had to see what their 22lr supply looked like. I noticed ThunderBolt was $16.95 per 500 brick. That's around ten bucks lower than during the shortage. I probably should stock up since I am down about half of what I used to have. Wally's had a bunch of them in stock. At around .03+ per round that is hard to pass up.

From what I have been reading it might be a good idea to stock up on all ammo as well as survival supplies. I know we have heard this before but just about everything is pointing towards a very high alert status now. We don't even have to look outside our own country to expect some really hard times from within could be in the very near future. The masses will not hear about it from mass media till the people are in actual full experience of it going down.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Here in Michigan, my favorite shops had 22 lr regular and bulk on hand the last I looked. But I stocked up on awhile ago, so I haven't looked to close on price lately

·
Registered
575 Posts
Yep. I'm seeing thunderbolts regularly for 15 and change for a 550 bulk pack.

CCIs are 8.99. Even that is not bad.

We create our own shortages from panic buying. I expect next year, we will see a lot of that. Hopefully, he can win out another term. I feel positive about it. One of the good points about the left being so excessively and obviously extreme is that they scare off some of their own. Not all dems are gun haters. The old school used to love hunting and fishing. It's a shame you have to vote to protect basic freedom. Those should be a given, so that we can focus on just making our country a better place to live.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I haven't seen any shortage for a while now. Just in case, I have been buying .22 LR and .22 WMR for a long time as well...I don't intend on running out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Reading these posts really brings back the ammo shortages that were overwhelming for years, not only in .22 cal, but all pistol calibers, save .40 cal where I live. These prices are outrageous! I remember considering a .22 cal. pistol or long gun but even buying one was out of the question. Talk about a market swing, today I bought a 550 round bulk pack of federal LR hollow pt. 36 grain for $19.94. Works out to less than .04/round and they had plenty and all the other brands were plentiful, also.
The ridiculous market swings ceased along with the “shortages” since a republican is in the White House. Of course political changes will make people fearful again! Supply and demand can overwhelm again!

·
Registered
32 Posts
A year or two ago I loaded up on 22 at dicks before they “commie caved”

lately I took advantage of 9mm & 38 spc on clearance at a stupid store. Oops sorry a self proclaimed superstore

so I’m set on 380 9mm 22 for a while

my wife always gives me a need for 32 acp and I am price choosy on 32 s&w

·
Registered
575 Posts
I see plenty of .22 variety. More than I remember in the past. The prices are good. No, not as low as they once were, but then neither is anything else. It's nice to see bulk packs under 20.

Center fire ammo is in no shortage. Store variety isn't as plentiful as it is on line, but then it never was. Local market demand should drive the shelf stock in a healthy business.

·
Registered
324 Posts
A year or two ago I loaded up on 22 at dicks before they “commie caved”

lately I took advantage of 9mm & 38 spc on clearance at a stupid store. Oops sorry a self proclaimed superstore

so I’m set on 380 9mm 22 for a while

my wife always gives me a need for 32 acp and I am price choosy on 32 s&w
Strange about Dick's. The one store around my area, sells plenty of handgun ammo in the standard calibers. You won't find anything in .32 or .25 ACP, but .380 on up is plentyful.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I went to Meijer a couple days ago, the ammo section was gone. Not that they had a good selection, or that I really bought ammo there, just noting another retailer trowing away a slice of our freedom.

On a positive note, a little mom and pop just assumed an old K-Mart building and is selling .22 at a bargain. 15 bucks for a 550 bulk pack. 25 for a brick. Bought a couple thousand rounds and a holster just to express my support. It's more warehouse than retail floor space at the moment, but I love to see local success. They took up about half the old floor space and made an indoor archery range. Very nice. I wish them well. Walnut Creek Outdoors. They do have an online business, but I like to drive over and enjoy the ultimate expression of our second amendment while it lasts. Good on them.

341 - 360 of 383 Posts