Just had to scratch the itch

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by buster40c, Dec 15, 2015.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I have been having the itch to do some shooting but the weather kinda sucked but today the itch got scratched real good. All on target with decent pattern so I was okay with it. I was shooting low but centered with every gun. Then it started to sprinkle rain so put them up but not till had the itch taken care of.
    Sig P226 and Taurus 92 9MM shot about 100 rounds together.
    Ruger MKII about 50 rounds.
    Kimber Ultra Carry II .45 about 30 rounds ball ammo and 8 hollow points just to make sure they would feed ok. This Kimber 1911 didn't miss a beat. This gun just fits my hand so nice.
    Ruger GP100 M/C with 50 rounds 38 spl. I really like this gun.
    Then there was the bad boy LCR 357 full magnum 5 rounds. Buddy that is one loud boom and one heck of a kicker. I really would not want to shoot the round without hearing protection. It makes the 9 seem like a pop compared to the 357 mag boom.
    Now comes the cleaning phase. The brass will just have to lay there for awhile.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  2. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

You got a good workout. I went to the range last week. The shooting was good (the Hi-Point .40 S&W carbine) but I had to leave the brass on the ground. The back warned me about going down for it. "You will have to straighten up again - and you won't like it."

3. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Buster,
    Tain't nothing wrong at all with that kind of shooting. Glad to see that you were on and I wish we could all do that. I know it's hard for you to get around, but having a day like that makes it all worth while. When I go to the range I have to limit myself to about 100-125 rounds which satisfies my craving. Gotta get busy and load some more rounds however it is cold and rainy here and they said that we will get down to below freezing. I can take the 100 degree weather but NOT freezing weather. Glad you got some shooting done buddy!!

Bob,
    I Know where you are coming from. When I pick up range brass I have to get down on my knees and then the pain really sets in so I pick some up, stand for a while and then try again. Guess I gotta take more WD-40 with me and oil my joints before I get down that second time. Hang in there. It's the first hundred years that are the worse.

Tommy

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  4. buster40c

I didn't even run my foot across the grass to find the brass and I will be darned if my knee wasn't swollen and hurting last night and today. I had my brace on also. I guess I am locking my knee back then shooting. That's all I can figure causing it but I don't notice even doing that. I am just getting old and falling apart I guess. Next time I will sit down and shoot.
    Tommy I had fairly close patterns on the paper but I didn't say they took out the bulls eye. I put a few in there but more were outside of it. I kept shooting a steady low pattern even when I was trying to raise up.
    I enjoyed it anyway. I need make me a casing catcher or just lay out a tarp so I can see them.
    Hey VT and Tommy........get one of those doggy pooper scoopers with the handle to scoop up the brass.

5. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

I'll check, but don't know if they are sold around here. Haven't seen anyone scooping.

6. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Buster,
    Bob and I ain't cleaning up your mess. Get your self some gloves from Home Depot and use their plastic bags and you can be the super duper pooper scooper and no one will challenge you. Bob and I will stand back and watch and advise should you miss any!! We got real good eyes!! We will get the brass, you get the dogey doo.

Tommy

7. buster40c

Tommy you seem to be missing the concept of the pooper scooper for brass.

8. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

GOD !,

Yall all sound like a bunch of old, worn out , broken down, old farts.:waving::spot:

:D
    Jim

9. buster40c

At our age we have no "old" farts.

10. phideaux

You know the saying....

"At our age, never trust a fart":eek:

Jim

11. buster40c

There is some truth to that!

12. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Buster,
    Your reply to Jim sounds like a man who has had a bad experience.......but I don't think your the only one!!!
    I bet Jim has too!!!:cryinglaugh: Sounds like he is a man of experience.
    Tommy

13. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

I consider myself an expert on the subject of dry vs wet concerning impending farts - but even I choose to act on the side of caution.

14. Gabby

Gabby New Member

15. buster40c

16. phideaux

If your over 60..ish....Yep, , my kid always said that daddy SHARTED ..

always keep a spare pair of clean drawers close by...:rolleyes::rolleyes::) at our ages...

Pucker string control aint what it use to be....
    :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Jim

17. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

18. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

When I have to fart my wife gets totally disgusted with me. I tell her it's natures way of relieving myself. I told her the only reason she doesn't fart is she can't keep her mouth shut long enough to build up any pressure. Now when I have to let one go, I ask my dog Dolly if she just tooted. That keeps my wife's mouth shut!! Besides, they don't stink anyway.

Tommy